PDA

View Full Version : Bath Boats Co-Op Info

mamalia
07-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Here is the info (sorry it took awhile)...

ETC: Shipping details have changed!!

Dana McDill of www.bathboats.com is willing to give BBB members a five percent discount on the standard designs of his handcrafted boats (First Boat, USA Boat, Noah's Ark, and Pirate Ship). The custom boats are so labor intensive that they can not be discounted. BUT he has agreed to FREE shipping on the second (third, fourth, etc) boat shipped to the same address. To take advantage of this discount mention that you are a BBB member and the applicable discount(s).

Visit www.bathboats.com for designs and orders. Here are just two of the beautiful keepsakes:
Baby's First Boat
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34435.jpg

Pirate Ship
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/34436.jpg

Malia

danagee
07-13-2006, 05:12 AM
Thanks very much for your work, I'm sure they'll be getting a "boat load" of orders from BBBers!
Did they give you an idea as to how long they'll offer this discount? I'd like to get another one in mid-September once my nephew is born.
Dana

calv
07-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Thank you for getting everyone the discount! :) any one have any thoughts on the quality and durability of these boats? I really wonder if it will be worth the $60+ or whatever the total will be for 2 boats.

mamalia
07-13-2006, 04:11 PM
No problem, Dana was a pleasure to correspond with so it wasn't hard at all! For now there is no end date on the discount, but I'm sure he may reassess that if he gets slammed with orders. I would just mention your situation and then maybe you could work something out so that you could still get a discount in September even though there is no official discount then. He is a really nice man so I am sure he would be willing to work with you. Good luck!

Malia

ctmom
07-14-2006, 07:20 AM
is the "baby's first boat" considered custom? I was just looking at these earlier this week (found on a previous thread) and would love to get one for a friend's new baby. The website shows it as custom because you are adding info, but you stated it as standard.

Thanks for setting this up!!!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

eb1
07-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Just lost my post, apparently.

As I understand it....

The "baby's first boat" is a standard one, but it includes only the current year (year of baby's birth). The picture shows the boat saying something like "Family Member Since 2006."

Alternately, you could order a custom "baby birth boat" that includes the baby's name and birth stats. :)

ETA: Thank you Malia for arranging the coop. I ordered two custom boats and getting free shipping worked out to almost a 15% discount, so I was quite pleased.

kcimato
07-15-2006, 06:37 PM
I was thinking of getting the pirate ship with a name on it. Is that considered custom?

mom to little e
07-15-2006, 09:48 PM
I think so - it says any change to one of the four will be considered custom. I just ordered my son a Pirate Ship and asked that his name be put on it. I ordered it under the custom option.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

mom to little e
07-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Thank you Malia for setting this up!

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

kcimato
07-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I guess I should have read a little further on the site and I would have gotten my ans.

The other question is can I get the free shipping if I order a custom boat?

mamalia
07-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Only if you order two or more boats (standard or custom) will you be eligible for free shipping. Have fun shopping!

Malia

mamalia
07-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Great! You're welcome! ;)

Malia

kcimato
07-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks.

The free shipping is a bargain in itself as they charge $5 a piece to ship.

LBW
08-07-2006, 07:08 AM
I just wanted to thank Malia for organizing this discount! I ordered 2 custom boats for the boys. One is going to be a dinosaur-themed boat for Liam's 4th birthday. The second is a baby boat for Owen. If they turn out as great as I hope, I may start a tradition of buying each boy a boat for their birthdays every year.

If you've rec'd your boat(s), can you post pics??

Thanks!

kcimato
08-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Funny, I was just coming to this forum to see if anyone has received their bath boat yet. I did ordered two pirate ships but had names put on them so it will be awhile befor I get mine. Would love to see pictures.

eb1
08-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Dana asked me to pass along the information to the BBB that he cannot offer free shipping anymore for those ordering two boats. He said that his offer was $5 shipping with additional boats to the same address going free, though he has been shipping for free those orders with two or more boats. He can no longer do that.

Bottom line: Dana will charge $5 shipping for the first boat, with with any additional boats to the SAME address going free. (This is still a discount because otherwise, shipping for two boats to one address would be $10.)

eb1
08-07-2006, 04:01 PM
I ordered two custom boats. I received them just about two weeks after I ordered, so I was bowled over by the rapid service; I'd been expecting a much longer wait since they were custom.

My husband opened the boat package and was *very* impressed. The craftsmanship is wonderful. These are high quality, solid, adorable boats that look like they will last for years. The colors are bright and fun, the painting is done with care, and the boats are a nice size (maybe 6" long?).

However, I was disappointed with my custom designs (for a separate reason with each boat); to be fair, Dana clearly did personalize the boats for me. Perhaps my expectations were too high; I mean, these are bath boats. I emailed Dana a couple times but did not get an answer regarding those issues, though he did ask me to relay details about the coop shipping terms.

So, I like the boats, and if my expectations had been different, surely I would love them. Judging from my husband’s reaction, the boats are marvelously cool regardless, and the overall quality is excellent. The boats are gifts and have not been given to the recipients yet, but I am sure the kids will treasure them.

Am curious to hear from others!

eb1

Corie
08-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Is there any way that you could post pictures of
the boats??

Thank you!

mamalia
08-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks eb1. I just updated the original post and contacted Dana to apologize. I have an email from him that clearly states: "Free shipping on two or more boats to the same address? Done!" BUT there must have been a misunderstanding because now that I re-read his email I can see how it meant the way you wrote about it. <ETA: Remove sentence that may have been rethought against.>

Dana has been great and because these are handcrafted it is such a nice offer, I really hope you all enjoy your purchases!

Malia

eb1
08-08-2006, 07:04 AM
I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures. My camera is out of commission, but if I can figure out a way to get some shots, I will. For what it's worth, I think the example photos on the website are pretty accurate of the finished products.

punrocker
08-11-2006, 03:37 PM
I received our custom pirate boat last month, about 2 weeks after placing the order. I only wanted one boat, so I didn't qualify for any of the discounts.

The Jolly Roger on the side, and the skully sail were special requests. I'm very impressed with the craftmanship, although the "tattered" edges of the Jolly Roger flag seem to have bled a little. I'm not sure if that was an intentional effect (to depict motion?), or if the paint wasn't quite dry when the varnish was applied, but I don't really mind. DH thinks the flag should have been waving the other direction, LOL. Dana forgot to include the sail, but he mailed it after I contacted him. :)

Sorry about the reflective glare from the varnish and DS's stepstool. Also, DS's name and DOB have been inexpertly Photoshopped out of the last photo.

(The pics will "self-destruct" in a few days.)

Edited to remove pics; pardon the bump.

kcimato
09-03-2006, 08:04 AM
I ordered 2 piraate boats with names on them and have not received them yet. Anyone else not get them? Thought I'd check befor I e mail them.

teachermommy
09-04-2006, 08:43 AM
I haven't received mine yet either, but I did say they were for Christmas gifts and asked that 12-25-06 be painted on them. I remember Dana thanking us for ordering early because he was very busy then. Truthfully, I hadn't worried yet but if you hear anything will you please post it. Thanks.

kcimato
09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
I sent him an email so I will let you know what he says.

LBW
09-05-2006, 07:00 AM
I haven'r rec'd ours either. I hope they come before DS's b-day in Oct!

mom to little e
09-05-2006, 08:17 PM
We received ours this week, one for DS and one for DD. They are cute and I am happy with them. DH loved them. They actually are going to become my new "new baby" gift and I've ordered one for a friend with another order soon to be placed.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

kcimato
09-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Dana emailed me back and said they were in the "pipeline" whatever that is and was sorry for the delay. It was just good to know my order and not been misplaced.

teachermommy
09-07-2006, 08:44 PM
We received our two bath boats today. Very nice quality. I think the kids will be excited with them come Christmas time.

DebbieJ
09-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Edited to add: I never did get a reply to either of my emails, but my boats arrived today (9/21). They are gorgeous!

-----------------------
I ordered two boats on 8/7 and still do not have them. I emailed Dana on Monday (9/11) and still have not heard back.

Does anyone know what is going on????

One of them is intended to be a baby gift...the baby is now two months old.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

LBW
09-15-2006, 06:18 AM
This won't make you feel any better...I ordered two custom boats on 8/1 and haven't received them either. I'm just hoping they show up in time for DS1's b-day in October!

kcimato
09-18-2006, 05:43 PM
I just received my bath boats today and ordered them on July 27th. I did e mail him and it did take 2 or 3 days for him to get back to me. It was considered custom b/c it had names on them. They are beautiful and am going to order 2 more customs and hope I have them by Xmas.

kcimato
09-18-2006, 09:03 PM
I want to get 2 more boats and now I can't remember how we did the original one . Do we email him with our orders and mention BBB?