PDA

View Full Version : DBS just sent an email to dealers

NewDBSDealer
07-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Well, I have been a DBS dealer for less than 6 months, how happy am I that I just took my 1st order for them last week, so they did not get any money from us yet.

Would you believe after all of this, DBS actually JUST sent an email to the dealers at 8:06 PM Monday to let US know that they are officially closing as of July 2005.

They said:
" We have attempted to fill all orders in house for bridal gowns with the correct size, color and comparable value from our inventory. We know some brides will be receiving gowns they may not choose to wear but we are trying to make an attempt to diminish their losses. They are free to sell or put into consignment any gown they do not want to wear. In terms of bridesmaid's orders, there's nothing we can do to fulfill these obligations. We have supplied each customer with the order number and necessary information to be able to call the manufacturers directly. Every customer has been sent a letter advising him or her of our situation and letting them know you hold no liabilities. Of course, you must cease taking any orders at this time until you have established yourself with another source for acquiring goods.

All orders received after June 15th, 2005 have had the monies put into an escrow account for the court or trustee to determine how to handle. We had no desire to keep anyone's money once we knew we couldn't continue in business. All orders received after June 27th have been put aside and the customers and/or dealers will be receiving that back in the mail. Those orders were never processed."

I hope that info helps. I am so sorry to all of the people who were hurt by this. I hope you are able to secure your gowns through other means.