PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to get the gown I ordered anyway!

kitty622
07-12-2005, 11:42 AM
I ordered my gown from DBS in early May so I had a thread of hope that it was sitting at the manufacturer. Taking matters into my own hands, I disputed the DBS charges with my credit card company. I then got on the Christina Wu website and found the customer service number and called, told them my story and got transferred to the person who is dealing with the problem. (They are going insane as well.) I didn't tell them I was the bride off the bat but then they asked me what the PO# was I said I was not a dealer but that I did have the style number, size, and color. They looked it up and, low and behold, it was there at the manufacturer. She was very nice and felt really bad for me. So, she said she could ship it to me as long as I paid for it over the phone and that's what I did, on the credit card, of course. (I'm guessing these manufacturers probably don't want a ton of unclaimed product laying around.) As long as everything goes as planned, I will have it in a few DAYS (not weeks!). Take my advice when I say-TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS! The DBS dealers are worried about many things, commissions, their job, and all their brides, it's enough to make their heads swim (for good reason!)...all the brides are worried about are their dresses. So-bottom line-go get your dress ladies and don't take no for an answer!!! In the meantime, go visit some of these sites to see that you CAN get a dress for less than retail without DBS!!!
www.netbride.com
www.bridesave.com
www.pearlsplace.com
www.weddingexpressions.com
www.rkbridal.com

Ellie N.
07-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Thank you Kitty, your message inspired me to do just that, take matters into my own hands and solve the problem. I too, ordered my dress in May and my wedding isn't until Dec., but I was still a nervous wreck yesterday, I still can't eat anything! Anyway, I contacted my manufacturer, Watters and they called me back about a minute later asking what they could do for me. Long story short, I had to pay for the dress again but it was only $50 more than original and I'm getting my dress 1 month earlier than previously expected. Everything turned out great and I wanted to thank you again for giving me the "kick in the butt" I needed to stop panicking and do something about it. All in all, the people I have dealt with have been wonderful. If only we could help each other like this every day and not just in a crisis. Thanks again, Kitty.

Ellie N.
Rockville, MD

Debra LaSpina Goldwater
07-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Just so you know Kitty, many of us dealers have taken it upon ourselves to pay for brides dresses out of our own pockets. I am being reimbursed for some but will be out $$ because I cannot imagine my brides having to fend for themselves. As for worrying about commissions and our jobs, we are not getting our commissions so worry over. And I intend to come out of this stronger and better than ever, and that does mean helping every bride that ordered a dress from me, over 50 outstanding orders. I am happy to report that some have already gotten dresses and many more are on the way, and yes it has been a lot of work, but I know in the end I will be blessed. So please do not discount all of the Ex-DBS dealers. Many of us intend to keep our businesses, although they will change, and many for the better. Have a wonderful wedding :)

kitty_622
07-17-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm glad you're willing to help your brides! Best of luck to you after this DBS thing blows over. I hope you will make more money than ever and this is just a small bump in the road for you. That's the way I'm looking at it now.
For the record, I had no intention of discounting my DBS dealer. She's great but I wanted to ease the stress on her and figure it all out myself. (My dealer has 55 outstanding orders right now and I wanted to help her preserve her sanity.) I'm sure you understand that.
Good luck once again!