PDA

View Full Version : Help - my bridesmaids can't afford another order - wedding in 6 weeks!

P Limmer
07-13-2005, 02:36 AM
I have new dresses in stock that I will sell for a small fraction of their cost. If you give me sizes & color you want I can offer you some inexpensive options

auggie
07-13-2005, 11:18 AM
I can't help you but I just wanted you to know that I know what you're going through. My wedding is in 5 weeks and the status of my dresses is unknown. I hope to find out about them today so I at least will know what to do. My fingers are crossed for you!

da
07-13-2005, 12:09 PM
I am so sorry for what you are going through. You should be enjoying this time and not worried over something as devastating as this situation. I wish there was more that we could do for you.

I have a bride who had to cancel her wedding. She has seven beautiful Alfred Angelo dresses that were never worn or altered. Let me know if you would be interested. The color is Victorian Lilac, the style is 6620. There are various sizes. Contact me if you are interested. I am sure that she would be willing to work with you on price.

[email protected]

SynchronicityBoutique
07-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Although Synchronicity Boutique isn't really a bridal store, I do sell gowns, including gowns intended for bridal parties, for every size from a little girls' size 7 or 8 (sometimes even smaller) through to women's plus sizes. I will sell anyone with a receipt from Martin's the same number of dresses at my cost. I'm not looking for publicity for this, but I can imagine how stuck people feel. In many cases, I can get dresses literally overnight. Our most expensive gowns are usually well under $400 (retail), and my cost is about half of that (shipping would be extra... I'll show people the receipts and that will be their only other cost.) The only other requirement would be that I have to ask for payment in full up-front because it's literally what the dress costs me, and without that, I'm stuck with the dress, and that dresses are final sale only. We have dresses and samples that run the gamut in sizes, and we're even running a 75% off sale now with many dresses that would be perfect for brides, mothers of the bride, bridesmaids, flower girls, etc.

If you're interested, look on my web site (it's a new one and not very exciting, but it lists brands), www.SynchronicityBoutique.com Obviously, if you're not in this area it's tough, but I'll try to help if I can.

SYNCHRONICITY Boutique is in Pikesville in Hooks Village- 25 Hooks Lane, Suite 105. My work number is 410-486-8866. Again, if I can help out, I'd be honored to.

I hope this is beneficial to someone.

Best wishes,

Karen (I'm the Owner)

Briane
07-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Would you be willing to work with my bride too? I'm the maid of honor in a wedding in less than 8 weeks. She had originally ordered from the dessy collection in fuschia, claret and ginger. Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you! [email protected]

Joanne Choy
07-13-2005, 08:17 PM
I'd be glad to help you as best I can. You can email me at [email protected]

P Limmer
07-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Absolutely, you can give me a call or email

[email protected]

631 368-6462

fritz799
07-14-2005, 01:25 PM
I cut and pasted someone else's post from another category below. Some of the dresses on this site are very pretty and they're all inexpensive.

I know it's expensive, but you might consider purchasing the second set of dresses (or a portion of them) as your gift to the bridesmaids.

-----

I am actually surprised this place wasn't in the Bridal Bargains book. I found it because I screwed up - I thought that 8 weeks before would be plenty of time to order the maids' dresses. Turns out that's the *minimum* for RUSH orders at most places!

So one of my maids and I spent a day scrambling, trying to find something. We thought we could just buy something off the rack, but unfortunately the hot colors this season are lime, mango, hot pink, and electric blue. X^P (My colors are midnight blue, royal purple, and silver.)

So I started scouring the web, and finally found Simco.

http://www.simcoformal.com/index.php

(Oops - their website is down. I just called them, and they said it should be back up on Monday.)

They are a company that primarily does performancewear for choirs, orchestras, etc. There is an $8 charge for individual orders (instead of schools), but that's per order, not per dress. They'll send you free fabric samples and a paper catalog if you want.

I called them, and they said that most things ship immediately. If they don't have a size in stock, it might take 2-3 weeks. Well, I ordered 1.5 weeks ago and even though the sizes weren't in stock at the time, they just arrived today! And they look great - the bodice is lined, the seams are overlocked to prevent fraying, etc. (I know those are things I've seen complaints about from other BM dresses.) The satin isn't the heaviest, but since it's a summer wedding that's fine with me.

The best part? Including shipping and the fee, the dresses were $83 each! They are totally worth it!

Here is their address & phone # in case you want a catalog or the website doesn't get back up:

800-922-5733
fax: 800-922-5893
1505 International Blvd
Oakland, CA 95606

(In case you're curious, I got the Tiffany style dress in navy. Since for choirs and orchestras they have to fit a lot of different people, they have a lot of empire waists and other styles that look good on many body types. Which is great, since my 3 maids are totally different body types!)

lakebridals
07-14-2005, 02:30 PM
I don't know if it will help but we are offering DBS brides our stock gowns at wholesale plus shipping. Please feel free to contact us. These are not designer gowns such as Maggie, or Pronovias they are our bargain line, but these are gowns and bridesmaids gowns that we can get in a rush and very inexpensively. Best wishes www.lakebridals.com

audley7575
07-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Could you tell me what sizes the Alfred Angelo dresses are and what the cost would be per dress?

Stacey V
07-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Anyone with any information, please help me -- my 5 bridesmaids saved for months to afford their Mori Lee dresses for my wedding in 6 weeks. The dresses were to be delivered this week, and now I receive word that no dresses will come, AND they will have to pay again. Anyone --ANY advice??

One Devastated Bride in Illinois

Erica Teach
07-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi,
This is Erica a bride in Virginia. My wedding is in 2 weeks (July 30th) and I my bridesmaid dresses have not been shipped yet. Luckily Dessy has my dresses in the sizes that I need and they are going to mail them tomorrow.
It looks like I (my parents) may have to front the money and then try to battle it out though a claim with DBS. I feel like Dessy needs to send me my dresses for no charge and then they can go to court with DBS. It isn't my fault DBS did not pay Dessy. Each of my attendants wrote separate checks and they were cashed 3 months ago in April. So, you can imagine if I had to try to track down each of thier individual bank account information regarding those checks and then trying to get the money to give to my parents who are going to pay for the dresses. I have cried more than once today. Great time for DBS to go out of business, huh? In the height of the wedding season. Well, good luck. Dessy has been very helpful and it looks like they do have my order with correct sizes. Hope this helps. You can e-mail me at [email protected]

UltimateBridewire
07-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Hi! We are an authorized Mori Lee reseller, and we could get your dresses for you at our cost. I know this is still not an ideal solution, but we do want to help brides in your situation (and we are in Michigan - close!).

You can contact us at 616-796-6645, e-mail at [email protected], or on our website www.bridewire.com.

Thanks!

Liz