PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know P.O. Number for Essense of Australia?

Worried Bride
07-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi,
I'm a bride who ordered her gown through DBS. My gown is sitting at Essense, and they are being very helpful. However, to make sure 100% that it's my gown they have, they would like the P.O. Number. My dealer says she has no idea what that would be. Does another dealer out there know anything that could help me? I hear we should be getting letters soon w/ the P.O. numbers, but I'm anxious and don't really trust that those letters are coming. I'd really like my dress! Thanks for any help, Erin
[email protected]

SV
07-13-2005, 12:33 PM
I found these on the internet:

USA 1 800 941 1550
Canada 1 800 941 1550
Australia 1 800 656 696

caligirl
07-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Erin:

The dealer hopefully got her YELLOW copy back of the invoice with the PO# on it, unless the dealer never got it?

felicitybridal
07-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Each order has a distinct PO (purchase order) number. (There is not just one number for Essense). Unfortunately, DBS did not communicate all of the PO numbers back to the dealers. However, if the dealer had been paid a commission on the gown, the PO would be on the dealer's commission statement. I seriously doubt that your dealer got paid, but it's worth a try.

P Limmer
07-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Today UPS brought me a stack of boxes from DBS, that when stacked on top of eac other, they touch the ceiling.
In one box was a substitute for Essence of Australia, the apcking slip says the Essence of Australia account number is UMBB.
We received a second substitute for another Essence of Australia goen & that packing slip says to contact Annette's Discount Bridal 607 733-5577. So try calling Annette's, I have spoken to them on another matter & they werevery helpful. I will call them tomorrow about my order

caligirl
07-14-2005, 12:25 AM
PLimmmer:

Just curious, "WHO" are the substitutes?? Are your brides happy with this??

I personally wouldn't be.

P Limmer
07-14-2005, 06:06 AM
The substitutes are nice gowns, but I can't see any similarity to the gown ordered with the majority of them.
As for the customer being happy with them, they will never see these substitutes since most of my orders come to me since I do the alterations, etc. here and I have already arranged and paid for all of my brides to get the exact dresses they ordered with no inconvenience or charge to them.

kitty622
07-14-2005, 07:38 AM
The "similar gown" that I received last night was exceptionally disappointing. First of all, it was two sizes too big, not of the same style at all, wrong designer, and was a cheap piece of S*&^! I used DBS in the first place to get a gown that is quality. If I wanted crap, I would've gone to David's Bridal, which probably have a nicer gown than the one that DBS sent to me "of equal or greater value." The fabric on the inside wasn't even lined!! SHAME ON YOU DBS for insulting us like this by going in your dress supply and grabbing the first thing you saw and trying to pass it off as anything remotely close to our gowns! Not only am I emotionally distressed, but now my fiance is too! To top it all off, a big screw you to the sheepish letter included in the boxes. That letter should just have the number for your lawyer!!

gown designer
07-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Contact your (former) DBS dealer; IF they sent her a confirmation of the order (her yellow sheet from the quintuplicate copies you signed when you placed the order with the dealer) she will have the PO# in the PO# space on her confirmation copy. If there is no confirmation copy sent to your dealer, there is a good chance DBS never placed the order with Essence of Australia (and your dealer would have no way of knowing this unless she had called the service center and inquired about the absence of the confirmation copy). If the order was placed, there definitely will be a PO# that will correspond with Essence records. Since DBS can't be contacted, your only source for this number is your dealer.

Best wishes in all this mess and msot of all, best wishes for a happy future. Focus on the marriage and the love.

Many of us (former) dealers are accepting the responsiblity and scrambling to find the correct dresses and many times investing in the replacement costs at our own expense. We will probably never recoup those losses, however, most of us have extremely high levels of ethics and integrity. I don't believe there's one (former) dealer who will leave their customers high and dry without doing everything within her power to help her bride! Most of us do this because we enjoy the industry and love helping brides. My best to all former dealers who are experiencing high anxiety levels! Hang in there. God bless.

sacbride
07-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I would like to share my experience with Essence of Australia. I ordered an Essence Gown via check from DBS. Not only am I out the money I paid for it but the "comparable gown" they sent is hideous, I'm not sure how I'll be able to sell it an salvage much of my losses.

Essence has my dress sitting in their warehouse. Last Tuesday 7/ 12 they told me that they'd sell it to me for wholesale. When I contacted them again to get payment details they told me that they'd revised their policy. Shame on them for renigging on their agreement. It's sad that these designers are so pressured by the retailers and they want to help them capitalize on our losses. I'm already out a ton of money and now they want me to go pay full price again for my gown?? I realize that DBS' bankrupcy was not their fault but an honorable company would uphold it's word, especially when dealing with an emotional bride. If you are the victim of this DBS crisis and bought a gown through Essence I feel your pain. I'm going to be writing them a letter and tell them exactly what I think of their lack of integrity.