PDA

View Full Version : Help out my dealer!

Help her out
07-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Listen to what i just read on one of the posting that just makes me sick!
~When this is over, I will have spent approx. $20,000 out of our savings. If Sandy and Lenny would have stop vacationing so much and eating out all the time, prehaps we all won't be in this situation.

That is from the dealer in my area that i have been using. I have seen a couple of really great things being said about her in here. I really would like to try and raise some money for her so that she wont be using all of this money out of her pocket. Even if it just alittle. I would like to atleast raise a $1000.00 if i could. Reply back if you think this is doable.

help ot my dealer
07-13-2005, 11:08 PM
ok, i see people atleast looking at this. how do you feel about this? would you do this? LEt me know?

JoAnne Schnepp
07-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Fortunately I only have one bride who is having a problem. I am NOT in a position to simply give up all my own money due to personal circumstances, but I did the best I could to help her and this is what I offered....I offered to rebate my profits from other items she had ordered to me, plus my DBS commission, even though I have not received it...and this computes out to where in order to get the gown she ordered and we paid for in April that is still hanging in the warehouse at Demitrios...she will only end up paying a little more than if she had never come to me to start with. So, she really just loses what she might have saved on the gown. I am out a couple hundred or so in potential income, but do not have to take away from money I need to live on pay the bills.

I do think we dealers need to try to help our brides even though we are not legally responsible to do so...mostly because WE established the relationship, and WE will continue in business and have a reputation to maintain....BUT...each dealer has to carefully think how to do this and keep their own head above water. If one has many brides with issues, I am not sure I agree that taking, for example, $20,000 out of your own savings, is making the best decision, unless one can truly live without it forever! Personally, I am 61 years old and on medical disability from my RN career...and we are living already on my savings in this house....so I just could NOT do more, even though I would have preferred to since this should never happen to a bride who is only a few weeks from her wedding and doesn't have time to fix a thing!

Those are my thoughts and a suggestion for how to help your brides and save your own skin too perhaps.

JoAnne