PDA

View Full Version : If your just coming on to this board...

all the paper
07-14-2005, 07:04 AM
other than having a huge bonfire...can anyone think of a reason to keep all of this DBS junk or can I dispose of it.

Audley
07-14-2005, 11:00 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I love the bonfire idea...let's all meet somewhere in the middle and go for it.

Chat Lunatique
07-14-2005, 11:20 AM
That was my first impulse, then i started to wonder if it valuable information that I could use elsewhere ... not sure yet.

Owed Damages
07-14-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm donanting my materials to The National Museum of Historical Business Practices. I believe they will be displaying the materials in the 1970s wing. At first they were thinking about putting them in the 1980s wing, but once they saw the carbon copy order form, they decided the materials were too antiquated for the 1980s and just wouldn't fit-in next to technologies like the self-correcting typewriter.

UninvitedGuest
07-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Dear "owed damages",
Don't forget to also offer up your nasty, sarcastic, rude, opinionated, "holier than thou", "better than anyone else", attitude as well. Do you even realize how many people you are offending with your cynical attacks. There are still a lot of us business people who are just starting out who aren't yet able to afford the kind of office you allude to having. You really are funny. If there were just more business people in the world like yourself wouldn't we all be rich. Maybe next year we'll be looking at your "wing" in that same museum. Good Luck to you with that attitude. I mean no offense to anyone else here, I just felt this was too much. I wish every bride the best of luck in this sad situation and hope every dealer will get their compensation and have much success with what they are able to salvage from this time in their careers, Bless you all and I appologize for intruding.
UninvitedGuest

Owed Damages
07-14-2005, 01:26 PM
UninvitedGuest, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone building a business on a shoestring. I know that most of the time, in any small business, you make due with what you can get even though it's less than perfect. But it was DBS' holier-than-thou, this-is-how-we've-always-done-things attitude with regards to business practices that contributed to their demise. How many times were they told by Customers and Dealers that their processes were confusing, and how many times did they just blame it on everyone else being stupid? So, maybe I passed a boundary on the nastiness and sarcasm and I apologize if I offended anyone who is struggling. But as far as I'm concerned, DBS' antiquated business practices are a symbol of their attitude that they are beyond reproach.

Lparys
07-14-2005, 01:58 PM
"Owed Damages"

I just have to say that what you wrote was hilarious!:7
I know the situation is horrible for we have many brides/bridesmaids stranded and I'm not an exception to this case. This comment is in no way to offend any brides/bridesmaids to make them feel that this is not an important problem. I too have been watching this board from day one and have been in a panic as to what will happen. But I do have to say that we need to get over the "hate mail" and move on to solutions. Calling someone names or commenting on their behavior is just a waste of time and causes for more aggravation in a high stress situation.
I'm a jokester at heart so the comments you made with regard to the National Museum of Historical Business Practices are TOOOO FUNNNNNNNYYYYY :+ As long as you are not "poking fun" at the brides for doing the best they can with what they have, or the dealers for not knowing ahead of time, then it's fair game to me :) Geeez…you were only joking about the archaic paperwork anyway! Some people just need to loosen up.

caligirl
07-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Owed Damages:

I thought what you wrote was hysterically funny! You have a way with words!

Gotta Laugh, crying does not get you anywhere!

jgoldwater
07-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Sandy and Lenny really suck

audley7575
07-14-2005, 06:44 PM
How very funny! I read your response to "what we should do with all that paper" to my husband and he laughed and said, "finally someone agrees with what I've been saying all along". Maybe I could find a museum in our area...

bearnme
07-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I am a bride and I put a posting on theknot.com regarding this whole situation. I got a NASTY reply from a woman and she had the nerve to offend DBS dealers. Check it out and feel free to give "PerlGirl" a piece of your mind. My posting was on 7/13 from Bearnme and the title was "Discount Bridal Service RANT...Melinda Bridal Affairs RAVE." I hope you all ban together and put together a class action lawsuit. What the owners did is awful and they should have cut back over the years when they saw business decreasing. Instead, they were greedy and have now declared bankrutpcy at the expense of others. I do not know how they can sleep at night!

KJ
07-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Please take some time to read through the posts. You may pick up some information that will assist you, or you may have an answer to someone's earlier post who still needs your assistance.
Thanks!
KJ