PDA

View Full Version : To all

Sandi J.
07-16-2005, 07:34 PM
I just want to say that I was employed by DBS. I have been there for a while. I never have met before such caring and loving people as Sandy and Lenny. They are the best. I wish them well after all this is over. They deserve it. Most of you guys didn't know the personally. I know they feel really bad. But all we can do is keep them in our prayers and that all will be well. God Bless.

Paper Trail
07-17-2005, 11:35 AM
They could be the nicest people in the world...at this point, I only care about their business practices. The bankruptcy has shown that DBS was taking advance payment and holding it for months until it came due at the manufacturers. This put dealers -- especially those who were charging cards and sending DBS checks -- at incredible financial risk. From a financing perspective, holding cash for as long as possible was a good idea. After all, a $1000 gown with a 6-mo lead time can bring an extra $40 or so if the cash is invested wisely. At best, the strategy was just "creative accounting". If dealers were being told that the cash up front was required so that DBS could pay the manufacturer up front, however, the strategy was fraud. Just my opinion...I expect there will be an investigation and the experts will decide what's what.

Donkeii
07-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Way to go Sandi!!! You were a fantastic co-worker and you will be missed.

Jean dbsqueen
07-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Sandi J and "donkeii" ? You both rock, couldn't have said it better.

Donkeii ??

Love to you both
Jean dbsqueen

P Limmer
07-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi Jean,

I want to thank you for coming on here and trying to help, I hope the experience has not left you regretting having done so.

I hope you can give me & maybe other dealers some hints about how to track down certain orders. I have 2 orders that the designers say was never placed. I have some that were placed through another shop & so I am thinking the two I have left may have been done through another source. I guess I could reorder them through new sources, but I would hate to make things worse by leaving some middle man shop stuck with a dress that I ordered. One was a Demetrios Couture the other Venus Bridal. Any help would be appreciated. You can call me or email if you prefer.

Every DBS dealer I have spoken to has only nice thing to say about you and I am sure everyone wishes you the best, you were always helpful, pleasant & efficient.

Phyllis