PDA

View Full Version : Salons offering assistance to purchase gowns

KJ
07-16-2005, 08:57 PM
House of Brides.com - Wholesale price $540.00 - Their price 852.00 + shipping

Bridal Gown.net - Wholesale price $540.00 - Their price $770.00 + shipping

SaraK
07-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Of course this is going to happen. This is a golden opportunity for many--and this board is free advertising for all involved.

Those that want to boost their sales

Those that want to sell a dress they have and didn't use

And, sadly, those that weren't really involved in the DBS nightmare but are just using this to find ways to get their dress for bargain basement prices

BridalGown.NET
07-17-2005, 08:56 PM
I am from BridalGown.NET and have been misquoted here. This is also in response to another reply on this thread indicating this is a "golden opportunity" for buyers and sellers. When we offered to assist DBS brides, it was to assist with orders they had placed and were trying to get released. Not to sell other gowns. If brides are not able to get their gowns already paid for, we did state we do have some lines that are deliverable in a matter of weeks. The intent was to assist brides that may be in a time crunch.

While I know KJ is trying to be helpful by posting these prices, I need to clarify this was a wholesale price I received from KJ and had not yet verified (as communicated to KJ). The price I stated included our added costs, based on the "wholesale price" provided by KJ. This was not intended to be a final or advertised price. I also requested verification that the bride in need of help was a DBS bride and requested a PO number, neither of which I received.

While we are more than happy to assist in any way we can, we do not want our offering to help to be misconstrued as an attempt to take advantage of the situation.

KJ
07-17-2005, 09:28 PM
To Bridal Gown Net & House of Brides.

Please forgive me for anything other than what what I orginally intended with that post. I just wanted to show brides that there are companies out there willing to help them obtain their gowns that had already been ordered. That they didn't have to pay full retail to the manufacture in order to have their gowns released. I am fully aware that this in no way was contracted or verified. I think you are awesome for being one of the few to even consider offering assistance.

Again my apologies for anything may have been offensive or detrimental to your company. That was not my intention.
KJ

reneejonbridals
07-18-2005, 12:57 PM
We can also help any bride who is looking for a gown that they purchase through DBS!
Renee jon designs-bridal designer
[email protected]