PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

spence_megan
07-19-2005, 05:48 PM
So this is my version of how Martins royaly screwed my sisters upcoming wedding in less than 2 months.......We received a cheap dress in the mail last week, informing us of the closing. We have the receipts of when the bridal dress was paid for, March 17, and the check was cashed, March 22, it was paid in full. It seems that Martins cashed the check and never paid the company in California, so now my Mother had to send a $500 check out yesterday just to get the dress to us, that is on top of the $700 she paid to the store. On that same day we bought the bridal dress, we bought the bridesmaids dresses, $200, paid in full. There are 5 bridemaids, luckily all paid by credit card, except for one with a check. On our receipts from when we purchased the dresses, there is a sku number, but no make of the dress, and we NEED to know that to find the dresses. Supposedly Martins was supposed to be open for one day last Sat., July 16th. And of course it was not, after riding 2 hours to get there. There were other pissed off brides there all exchanging stories. So we tore down the sign on the door, and it stated that ALL orders before June 22 was placed and each wedding party should have received in the mail a notecard stating who the dress was by, sizes, etc. We need not receive this in the mail, only a ugly dress. So if this is the case, we have a law suit on our hands, even though we are on the low end of the totem pole. This store is witholding information from us, and as it seems from the moment that they took our money and never ordered the dresses. Even though we called 3 weeks ago and they said they would be in the end of August, so they might be floating around out there. There is a law firm that is handling the case, it was stated on the sheet of paper we took that was on the front of the bridal store. We contacted them yesterday and told them we do not even care about the money, we just want to get inside the store and somewhere in there is a notecard with our information written down on it, we saw the salesperson write this down. The law firm told us they have no way to contact the store, which is bs since they are there clients. So my family is going to keep calling this law firm until they get us our information, who the bridesmaids dresses were made by. Thats all we want to know, then we can contact that company, since they might be out there. Any advice from anyone, the attorney general was contacted but to file a complaint it is $200, and that went towards paying for the brides gown again. We need these dresses since we have the color scheme picked out, flowers bought etc., and it all matches the bridesmaids gowns. Oh yeah, Davids Bridal has nothing, the dresses are not comparable to what we purchased. HELP!!!!

~Megan from MD

Carolyn B
07-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Megan,

What do the bridesmaid gowns look like (skirt style, neckline, sleeve lenght, fabric, any detail)and what is the sku number? Maybe someone here will recognize the description.

spence_megan
07-20-2005, 01:32 PM
HELP ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dress MFG number is NI
Style Nu 136/7063
The Color swatch that I picked were a sage dress with a rose sash that went around the waist/hip area and trailed down the back of the dress with flower stiching and bead work. The dress was strapless, fitted at the top and long. Da Vinci has a dress that is similiar, but no bead work on the sash. I think that I have looked at every designer out there. The price of the dress was 152.10, but Im sure thats the discounted price. Help!

~Megan

eg
07-20-2005, 05:55 PM
That sounds like an Eden Bridals gown #7063:
http://www.edenbridals.com/images/7063_l.jpg
If this is the dress you can use their store locater to find a salon near you that carries Eden Bridals. Explain the situation, tell them the date the order was placed, for how many dresses, the specific sizes, and colors, and hopefully the store and Eden can locate your order (or if you have a Purchase Order # that would help a lot too). Eden was most likely never paid for the gowns, so you will probably have to pay again, but at least you can track the order down.
Hope this helps!

spence_megan
07-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks I will look into that, it is similiar, hopefully they will match up.

EB_dealer
07-21-2005, 05:33 PM
How about this dress. Could this be close. http://www.impressionbridal.com/CTGbmf04.htm

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28375.jpg

I've seen a pic with the dress & flower the same color, while the sash is a different color.