PDA

View Full Version : "Comparable Dresses" What Should Brides Do With Them?

caligirl
07-21-2005, 04:42 PM
If a bride does not want the gown that was sent....(since it was not what they ordered to begin with). What should they do with this gown?

Any advice please would be most helpful!

Jean dbsqueen
07-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Dear Caligirl
The dress is a gift for the bride to either wear, take out her frustrations on or sell to offset any costs incurred trying to obtain her original order. If the dealer has to pay for the replacement order then it would be nice if the bride offered the dress to the dealer so that the dealer can sell it to offset her costs. The dealer may have an easier time selling the dress. Good luck.
Jean dbsqueen

caligirl
07-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Thank You Jean! I hope you are doing well!

joannes
07-22-2005, 11:09 AM
I urge you to consider this post left by a law student bride which is suggesting that if the bride keeps the comparable gown, it may be a legal way for DBS to be off the hook as far as any claims in the bankruptcy. I am not a lawyer...just another former dealer....but I do know that lawyers recommend all kinds of things to protect their clients interests and it's possible these comparable gowns were offered based on legal advice as suggested here:

The post is under "call for legal help" item #9

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_
mesg&forum=174&topic_id=178&mesg_id=571&page=

Not making accusations...BUT...at this point, if I were a bride who had paid double or more for her gown, I would not want to find out I didn't have a claim in the bankruptcy because I had accepted a gown I didn't want and didn't use.

JoAnne

tirichte
08-02-2005, 02:51 PM
The dress is not a gift! It was more a slap in the face! What is DBS saying here...? I know...I am going to take your money, file for bankruptcy, and send you the ugliest dress imaginable!! That is what they said to me! My similar dress looks like someone pissed on the bottom and is so full of ruffles with an 1980's flare and a cathedral train. I ordered a tea length gown, no ruffles. For shame on this entire company. Who would want a pee stained dress? How do I get rid of that? I WANT MY MONEY BACK DBS, you thieves!!!!!!