PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Shower at last minute?

debbiet
02-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Hello all,
My daughter is getting married in September, and most of her friends and family are coming from out of town just a few days before the wedding. I would like to give her a shower, but I'm not sure how to schedule it. There will be so much going on in the days before the wedding, I am hesitant to cram one more thing in. Has anyone dealt with this also? Is it weird to combine rehearsal dinner & shower (which would make it a couple's shower). She really wants a girls-only deal. Thanks, Debbie

JanineM
02-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Hmmm, that is a difficult one. I would call some of these people and get their input. It does sound like thare may be too muny events too close together. Ask the MOH what she was planning if anything. IS there a baholorette party of any type going on? Maybe a combo of that and a shower at the same time the night they all come in as they may want to party a little together the night they arrive.

How far away is everyone? Is it a drve that vould be made in a day or are they taking planes. Do they come at there times? Could you do something over the summer on spring? You may just have to do a smaller event with the more local people. It is almost impossible to plan get everyone together at the same time when they are so far away.

akeisler
02-19-2006, 04:21 PM
I had the same issue (I'm the bride). Almost every guest is coming from out of town, from a couple hours away to the other side of the globe. Some people (my future MIL, some aunts) expressed a lot of interest in being included in the shower, even though they live far away. So, we're having a small shower the day before the wedding. I'm a little nervous and it's not ideal, but the "pro" of including the people that really wanted to come outweighed the "con" of packing in activities. My bridesmaids are throwing a small breakfast shower in the morning, so as to leave the rest of the day open.
I'd consider (1) what other activities are going on and (2) whether the people closest to her could make it if it *weren't* just before the wedding. Another way to look at it is that if family are traveling all the way over there for the wedding, they might enjoy having more time to spend together at the shower.
My other two cents is that if your daughter really wants a girls-only shower, have a girls-only shower. :)
Good luck, and have fun!