PDA

View Full Version : Styrofoam Balls ???

zetalambda
05-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey Ladies,

I am looking to make rose balls for decoration. I went Micheals and JoAnn to price the styrofoam balls for the core and I was shocked. The 6" balls are like $12 each !! Just for freakin' styrofoam. I need a lot of these things in diffrent sizes and I can't pay that much for each one. That doesn't include what goes on the outside.

I'm wondering if anyone has any alterative for styrofoam balls or maybe where I can get some cheap?

- Shannon

virtualvoice
01-12-2008, 01:00 AM
wow.
Michaels has 40% off coupons just about every week in the newspaper. (I usually steal my Mom's coupons when I visit her, because I don't get a newspaper at home...) If you're like me, $6 is still way too much for a styrofoam ball.

Have you tried Walmart's craft section? I don't know how much they are there but they are usually cheaper. I would check some online craft stores or ebay as well. I jsut checked orientaltrading.com and they have styrofoam balls the size of ornaments on sale right now as a craft kit (6 for $3.50, that would be awesome if that size isn't too small for you!).

Good luck.