PDA

View Full Version : Won a Free Condo Vacation

amissa
07-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Okay, I'm skeptical of people telling me I 'win' anything 'free.' I received a phone call today from Simplicity Brides informing me that I had won a 8 day/7 night condo vacation, valid for 1 year, valued at over $1500. (I know what that means: I get to pay taxes on that trip.) There were some other little things attached, like a membership in a discount travel company, or something similar.

So what's the catch? I have to sit through a 90 minute sales pitch of gourmet cookware. I doubt I will buy anything. I'll have to drive a little distance for this presentation & I'm "under no obligation to buy."

To me it's a given that my name & address will be sold to anyone & everyone who will pay 2 cents for it. I don't mind that; I'll be moving before the end of the year.

Has anyone else won a free vacation & used it? Is there anything else I should consider before accepting such a prize?

wingedpup
07-15-2007, 09:41 AM
It sounds like the Royal Prestige Cookware sales pitch, and they have a rather bad reputation. Try googling "Royal Prestige Cookware" and you can read up on them.
I never went to the presentation because it sounded like a ripoff, especially after researching the company.

football1
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I received a phone call from Royal Prestige with the same "prize". Is this legit?