PDA

View Full Version : Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Jen841
04-28-2006, 07:54 AM
My aunt told me about this the other day. She served it cold at a family picnic and I am told it was a hit!

Boil skinless chicken thighs for 30-45 min.
Put them in the crockpot for the day on Low with a bottle of BBQ

It does not fall of the bones (she says). Sounds good to me, I am going shopping for the ingredients this weekend. I think I will boil the night before and put it in the crockpot as I leave for a business trip Monday. The inlaws and DH can enjoy it Monday night.

mskitty
04-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Save yourself the hassle or worry. I generally buy boneless skinless thighs and throw them straight in the crockpot. They'll need a minute or two of pulling with two forks to shred them. Two similar options I do are: chicken thighs with Lawrys sesame ginger marinade and chicken thighs with taco seasoning/sauce for a change of pace. I prefer pork with bbq sauce myself.

I don't believe her about the bones. I put a whole raw chicken in the crockpot one day when something came up so I couldn't roast it in the oven. I spent half an hour picking all the little tiny bones out. Never again.

MsKitty

crl
04-29-2006, 06:48 PM
I do a similar chicken thigh recipe. No boiling the thighs and I put sliced onions in the bottom of the crockpot, thighs on top, pour on the bottled BBQ sauce and cook on low for about 8 hours. The meat does fall off the bones when I do this.

Good luck!