PDA

View Full Version : Foods to serve at 2nd birthday party

Mamma2004
05-11-2006, 10:25 AM
I am holding a backyard party for DS on Saturday, May 20 and I expect around 15 toddlers plus 30 adults. I am praying for a clear day so we can be outside!

The catch is that I will be at an event on Friday so everything needs to be prepared either before 4pm Friday or else Saturday morning. We can surely grill but I really don't want DH to spend the entire party over a hot grill. I would love to make several dishes in advance since the day of the party is always so hectic, especially with DS underfoot.

I would love to hear your suggestions!

TIA,
Stephanie

andie16
05-11-2006, 10:57 AM
What about BBQ (pulled pork)? We did this for DD's second birthday and both the kids and adults liked it. I ordered it (and maybe some baked beans too, but can't remember). You could probably make this in the crockpot too. I made a big tray of mac and cheese the day ahead and then it just needed to be baked before serving. We also had fruit salad, cucumber salad, and chips.

Another idea is a Mexican theme-make some ground beef and/or chicken with taco seasonings (there is a great recipe on here for a Mexican shredded chicken that you do in the crockpot that is super easy) and then have tortillas, etc. for people to make their own. Serve this with a corn and black bean salad and a fruit salad and some chips and you're all set.

Good luck!