PDA

View Full Version : Favorite crock-pot recipes?

buddyleebaby
05-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Guess what I got for mothers' day!
Tia.

kboyle
05-14-2006, 10:11 PM
ok, here's my fave, though i'm sure it's on here somewhere since i know i've posted it before.

7up Pot Roast
1 can 7up/Sprite/Sierra Mist (whichever)
1 envelope Onion soup mix (i have also used beefy onion)
1 envelope brown gravy
2-3lb roast (i use english cut)
desired veggies

put roast in crock pot
mix pop, soup mix & gravy
pour on roast
add cut up veggies (i like carrots, celery & onion)
cook for 8 hrs
serve with noodles/rice/mash potatoes

soooo unbelievably easy! AND tasty!

Jen841
05-18-2006, 10:49 AM
1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried figs
4 cups water
1/2 cup half-and-half

In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and set to low heat. Cover and let cook for 8 to 9 hours.
Stir and remove to serving bowls. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.

Ok, not all of the above is always around when I want to make this. I have left out the figs, and have used skim milk. Still good!

For the figs, I really dice them up, and feel that 1/2 cup may be better. It gets too sweet for my liking a bit with a cup.

Great way to start the day!

JTsMom
05-23-2006, 06:13 PM
I have a Word version of a crockpot cookbook that someone sent me. I'd be happy to pass it on- just drop me an email.

My personal faves are BBQ beef wraps, BBQ chicken and this teriyaki pineapple beef thing.

The beef wraps and chicken I kind of made up, so I really don't have a recipe.

Beef Wraps

Take a big hunk of chuck, cut it into 4 chunks or so. Stick it in the crockpot with water or beef broth (or a combo) and a quartered onion, and some salt and pepper. Cook for 8 hours on low, or until it falls apart. Shred with a fork, add BBQ sauce and mix. Wrap some of the mixture in big flour tortillas, add some shredded cheese and cilantro, wrap tightly, bake on a cookie sheet @ 350 until browned. They'll be very hot.

Chicken

Boil chicken until tender (any cut works). Throw in crockpot with bbq sauce on low for about 2 hours.

emilys_mom
05-23-2006, 09:45 PM
One of our new faves:

Asian Style Ribs
2 full racks pork baby back ribs, split into 3 sections each
6 oz. Hoisin Sauce
2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1/2 c. maraschino cherries
1/2 c. rice wine vinegar
water to cover
4 scallions, chopped

Combine all but the scallions in crock pot and cook on low 6-7 hours. Sprinkle with scallions.

jasmine
05-28-2006, 03:43 PM
I got this from another site and it is real good.

FunMom's Famous Easy & Good Crockpot Beef Roast

1 Beef Roast (sized for your crockpot)
1/2 Cup of Water
1 Packet of Ranch Dressing Mix
1 Packet of Italian Dressing Mix
1 Packet of Brown Gravy Mix

Put roast in crockpot, pour water around the base. Sprinkle all 3 dry seasoning packets over roast. Cook for 6-7 hours on low. Remove roast to cutting board and let sit 15 minutes; slice thinkly across the grain (electric knife works best).

That's it. It made this really great tasting gravy too. This tastes like you browned it and simmered it all day on the stove. Doesn't taste AT ALL like salad dressing!!!