PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a NO BAKE COOKIE recipe!

Corie
05-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Would love some delicious, fun, easy No Bake Cookie
recipes! :)

Thank you!!

kimbe
05-17-2006, 06:23 AM
2c sugar
1/2c milk
1/2c butter
4 1/2c oats
1t vanilla
3T cocoa powder

Combine sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil 2 minutes 10 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in oats, vanilla and cocoa. Spoon onto wax paper. Cool.

I been through a million of these recipes and this particular one works for me. I hope that it works out for you.

Jo..
05-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Similar to the other recipe, but with peanut butter! My Mom used to make these. I can't make 'em because I'd eat them all :D. YUM!

Two Minute Chocolate Oat Peanut Butter Cookies

3 cups quick oats
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Have all ingredients measured and ready.

Place sugar, milk, butter and the cocoa in pan.

Bring to boil.

Boil for 1 minute. Remove from burner.

Quickly, stir in the quick oats, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.

Drop onto wax paper by round teaspoonfuls.

Leave to stand approximately 1/2 hour.

JulieL
05-17-2006, 03:47 PM
these are my FAV!!!

Corie
05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
YUMMM! Thank you so much!

Both of these recipes sound delicious and easy! :)

s_gosney
05-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Here's something a little different, but still no bake:

cornflake cookies

Combine 1 c sugar and 1 c light corn syrup in saucepan and cook (not to high of heat) until sugar melts and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat, add 1 c peanut butter and stir until incorporated. Start dumping in corn flakes (about 6 cups, but eyeballing it is fine) and stir stir stir to get them all coated. You can make them with more or less cornflakes to reach your desired "dryness". Spoon out onto wax paper to cool.

Easy easy and SO yummy. And the best part about these at my house is dd doesn't like peanut butter (even in cookies, crazy kid) so I get a bunch without her always begging me for mine!

juliasmom05
05-18-2006, 03:25 PM
These are yummy. We used to make them as bars and coat the top with either melted chocolate or butterscotch chips.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

MayB
05-19-2006, 09:29 PM
My aunt used to make these. They're easy and yummy...

CHOW MEIN NOODLE COOKIES

2 (6 oz.) pkg. butterscotch morsels or chocolate
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 lg. can chow mein noodles

Melt morsels in double boiler. Add peanut butter, then stir in noodles. Drop on wax paper. Put in refrigerator for a few minutes until set. Put wax paper on tray or cookie sheet. Makes easy to put cookies in refrigerator.

darby24
05-19-2006, 09:41 PM
I think I got this one from Martha

Peanut Butter no-bakes

1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 ½ cups non-fat dry milk
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spread oatmeal in a un-greased baking pan; toast until lightly browned, about 10 minutes, shaking once. Set aside to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter and the dry milk. Stir in the toasted oatmeal, and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the honey. Pour the butter mixture over the peanut butter mixture, and stir until well combined. Allow to cool slightly,
4. Shape into about 40 logs, each about 2-½ inches long. Place the logs on a wire rack and set aside.
5. In the top of a double boiler set over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is smooth, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a pastry bag fitting with a #3 plain round tip. Pipe the chocolate onto the cookie logs. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 1 week.

Makes about 3 ½ dozen.

Corie
06-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah! I found my Jr. High recipe file and here is my
unbaked cookie recipe that I've been missing.

Hopscotch Crunchies

1 - 6 oz. pkg. butterscotch morsels
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups chow mein noodles
1 cup miniature marshmallows

In double boiler, melt morsels over hot water. Add peanut butter.
Remove from heat, stir until melted. Add noodles and marshmallows.
Stir carefully until coated. Drop in small piles on waxed paper
lined cookie sheet. Shape slightly with fingers. Chill to set.

Makes about 30.

oliviasmomma
06-15-2006, 02:58 PM
That's just about the cutest name, I have to make them now!

jgriffin
08-23-2006, 02:38 PM
I know this is an old thread, but my aunt sent me this recipe recently, so I thought I'd share. I know she's got loads of other cookie recipes (when I was a kid she'd make at least 6 different kinds of cookies for Christmas), but I guess she doesn't want to give them all away at once. :)

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

2 cups peanut butter, divided
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
2 cups powdered sugar
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups chocolate mini morsels, divided
non-stick cooking spray

Beat 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and 1 1/2 sticks of butter in large bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in half the powdered sugar. With hands or wooden spoon, work in remaining powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup morsels. Press evenly into 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Smooth top with a spatula.

Melt remaining chocolate morsels with remaining peanut butter in a medium sized heavy saucepan over lowest heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Spread over graham cracker base in pan. Chill for at least one hour or until chocolate is very firm. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.