PDA

View Full Version : Vegitarian-Tofu Recipes Anyone???

denna
05-23-2006, 06:47 AM
My DH and I have begun to eat more healthy and would like to cook more w/ Tofu ( I LOVE TOFU ) and vegetables anyone got any yummy recipes....

Please share :)

oliviasmomma
06-04-2006, 12:38 AM
One thing we like is to freeze the tofu first. I slice the hunk into 6-8 slices and freeze them. When I want to use it, I thaw it, press the liquid out (you can also do this before freezing) and then marinade it for a bit. We like it marinated in a mixture of tamari, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and OJ. Then I broil it in the oven until the outside is browned. We eat it with wilted greens or on top of salad.

(Freezing it changes the texture to something more like chicken rather than spongy.) PS after a virtuous meal like this I have to have ice cream!

denna
06-06-2006, 04:25 AM
Sounds yummy thanks so much :)

dhano923
06-09-2006, 09:03 PM
My favorite way to eat tofu is with garlic chives (you can get them at your local asian market -- they look like this:http://www.humeseeds.com/gchive.htm).

Cube some tofu into 1 inch cubes. Heat some oil in a wok and saute about 1 tbsp minced garlic and about 1/4 cup minced onion until it starts to brown, then add in your tofu. Strifry until the tofu starts to change color. Add in your garlic chives (cut into 1" pieces). Add sliced carrot, cauliflower or any other veggie you like. When the chives have softened slightly, add some oyster sauce, a little soy sauce, salt and white pepper. Saute until the chives are soft and the veggies are crisp-tender.