PDA

View Full Version : chocolat Crockpot fondu recipe?

Jenn98
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm looking for a recipe that uses a small crockpot to melt chocolat for dipping like fondu. The crock pot I have (Rival) came with a booklet but I can't find it. I was hoping to use the recipe next weekend for a shower. Anyone got a good one?
TIA
Jenn

mandye
06-01-2006, 11:53 PM
This may be too much fondue for your crock, but it is really good.

Chocolate Caramel Fondue
16 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut in 1 inch squares
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Melt chocolate in a sauce pan or double boiler. Add caramel and milk. Heat through. Use as a dipping sauce for fruit, pound cake, cheesecake, brownies, etc.

You could make it on the stove first and then transfer however much you need/want to your crock.

mandy

juliasmom05
06-02-2006, 08:26 AM
I usually just try to keep it simple with just chocolate, heavy cream and Grand Marnier, but here are a couple of recipes for the crock pot. I image you can do any fondue recipe in the crockpot by melting everything on low for an hour or make it on the stove and transfer it to a crock pot on low.

Chocolate Fondue

2 c milk chocolate chips
2/3 c half n half

Stir in greased 1 to 2 qt cooker on low 1 hour. Stir halfway through and at end. Can add Tbl or so of liquer at end if desired.

Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate Fondue

9 ounces Semi Sweet Baker's Chocolate
1/4 cup Light or heavy cream
1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream

Stir in greased 1 to 2 qt cooker on low 1 hour. Stir halfway through and at end. You may want to add the Bailey's at the end of the hour.

Chocolate Fondue

24 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/4 C. evaporated milk
1/4 C. sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
1 T. fruit flavored liqueur

Place ingredients into a crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Stir well. Cook 1 more hour on low.

Black and White Chocolate Fondue

2 oz. baking chocolate, chopped
18 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp. Grand Marnier, if desired
1 tsp. vanilla
4 oz. white chocolate, finely chopped

In 2 quart crockpot (crockette), combine baking chocolate, semisweet chocolate, and sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Cover and cook on LOW until chocolate is melted, about 1 hour.
Stir well, then add Grand Marnier, if using, and vanilla. Mix well.
Sprinkle white chocolate over the melted chocolate mixture, cover, and cook 10-12 minutes on LOW until white chocolate is melted.
Stir gently to marble, then serve.

Crockpot Chocolate Fondue

18 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
6 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
13 oz. can evaporated milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine all chocolates, milk, and powdered sugar in 3 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 45 minutes. Stir well, add vanilla, stir again, and continue cooking if necessary to completely melt chocolate.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05