PDA

View Full Version : Cookbook for a 'motivationally-challenged' mom?

EllasMum
06-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Hi everyone - I'm looking for a cookbook to make some new things for DD who is now 10 months old and eating everything in sight. I think she might be getting a little bored of my pancake/chicken/peas dinner. :) I don't consider myself to be a great cook, but not for lack of talent, just lack of motivation! I see a recipe with more than about 10 steps and I just get that deer-in-the-headlights look. :) Can anyone recommend a cookbook with simple recipes that would be suitable for baby/toddler meals?

TIA,
Susan

dhano923
06-03-2006, 11:05 AM
My son at that age loved rice, stews, soups, and most veggies. One of my easiest things that he loved was making a stew with chicken breast (chopped small), lots of veggies (carrots, peas, potatoes, onion) and not too much broth, then simmering with some rice until done. It was easy for him to eat because the rice and potatoes woould thicken it up.

EllasMum
06-05-2006, 12:36 AM
I haven't tried stew yet but DD has had some of the chunkier jarred foods that are sort of like stews or casseroles and seemed to enjoy them. Maybe I'll hunt around for some easy recipes and possibly even invest in a crockpot - seems like it would be useful!

Thanks for the suggestions!
Susan