PDA

View Full Version : What to Pack for lunch everyday...need new ideas for DH

daisy1234
07-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi...DH and I have been packing his lunch to save some money...and we are in need of some new ideas. He likes most all foods...he's just getting tired of lunch meat and yougurt!Any ideas appreciated!

LAura

boolady
07-06-2006, 10:12 AM
I don't know if your DH will eat salads, but mine doesn't seem to mind, so I will sometimes make him tossed salads and then top them with tuna fish, or with leftovers-- sliced grilled chicken breast or sliced London broil or steak for some protein and to fill him up. Lately I have also been trying to make extra dinner so that there are leftovers for him to take for lunch, because a sandwich and piece of fruit doesn't do it for him, and he hates yogurt. In the winter, I will sometimes give him a salad and soup. In general, leftovers of any sort seems to work well and fill him up. Good luck.

urquie
07-07-2006, 01:39 AM
left-overs!!!
cottage cheese and canned peaches (or pineapple)
bananas
baby carrots
apples (sometimes sliced w/ a little orange juice to avoid browning)
grapes
extra fruit from breakfast tossed together (blueberries, strawberries, and pineapple from costco)
apple sauce (from a big jar)
dried figs
big dill pickles
celery and peanut butter
peanuts/cashews/almonds
spicy rice crackers
pb&j (we buy really great honey whole wheat bread from a bakery - anything tastes great on this bread)
pb & honey
tuna fish
cold pizza

i sent a nice fruit bowl and a knife to work with dh so he could always have a nice selection of fruit whenever he wanted it, but found that it worked better to send one thing each day (rather than a few pieces here and there).

as for making the yogurt a little better tasting... dh prefers when i buy plain yogurt and mix a little quality jam (like freezerves which is the best!!!)