PDA

View Full Version : Grill ideas

alexsmommy
07-14-2006, 03:36 PM
I loved grilled foods but just recently got a decent full size grill (DH can't cook anything including grilling so it just wasn't a priority). I've been experimenting with fish and chicken and lots of grilled veggies - any great recipes/ideas?
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

elephantmeg
07-17-2006, 12:02 PM
foil packets are great for veggies, here's a link

http://www.alcoa.com/reynoldskitchens/en/recipes/recipe_search.asp?Category=17&Step=Category&CategoryText=On+The+Grill

my easy chicken marinade is italian dressing for 30 min and then grill
my FIL's favorite chicken marinade (origionally weight watchers, I think)

Italian Chicken
1.5 tsp margerine
1 T lemon juice
1.5 tsp olive oil
1 small clove garlic
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

they usually marinate stuff for a long time (like overnight) but I think that I heard somewhere (food network maybe?) that the lemon juice starts the cooking process if it's on too long

shish-k-bobs are my famiy's favorite. Nothing beats that with some safron rice.

punkrockmama
07-17-2006, 12:48 PM
We love grilled bananas for dessert. I saw it on the Food Channel once. Really simple; mix cinnamon and sugar together, sprinkle it on peeled & cut bananas, and grill. They get a yummy crunchy top to them from the sugar carmelizing. Have them alone or throw them in a bowl with blueberries and strawberries.

kedss
07-18-2006, 04:01 AM
We love grilling our potatoes intead of baking them
zucchini
sweet potatoes, just stick them on a cooler rack, and let them go for about 45mins to 1hr

(send DH outside and make him grill once in a while, if stuff burns it adds flavor! LOL)

alexsmommy
07-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks - I think you all just set my menu for a get together we're having tomorrow. The banana thing - I don't even really like bananas and that sounds awesome! My oven is broken so the whole meal has to be on the grill.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

DebbieJ
07-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Umm, Alaina, my invite must have gotten lost in the mail. What time is the party? ;)

When we first got started grilling, we found the recipes on www.weber.com to be very good.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

alexsmommy
07-26-2006, 09:38 PM
LOL - I just saw this. You won't believe this, but we are also trying to coordinate something with Tara and co and I SERIOUSLY told my DH I was getting to know another person he didn't know and we should invite her and her DH whenever we managed to coordinate with Tara. Too funny.
The irony - things got hectic this weekend and I used the Soy Vey Teriyaki - you would have felt right at home. My friend liked it so much she's doing a TJ's run this weekend.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

DebbieJ
07-26-2006, 10:32 PM
LOL! Can't go wrong with the Soy Vey. It's yummy!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg