PDA

View Full Version : Egg & Dairy free cake recipe help

DebbieJ
07-16-2006, 04:29 PM
My niece is turning 1 and we need a special cake for her.

TIA!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

daisy1234
07-16-2006, 06:48 PM
This is what we used topped with a tiny bit of vanilla icing ( I forget what brand has no dairy and eggs...?Pillbury)

This cake is also good plain or with powered sugar!

This cake was popular during the depression, and does not have any eggs in it. It is a choc cake! Our allergist also gave us this recipe...he said there was no such thing as a choc allergy...it was the roach dropping that would get mixed in years ago that people had reactions too...sorry for that gross bit...bit just in case you were a bit leary of the choc like I was! :)

Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups cold water

Procedure:

Sift flour, sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa together into a 9 x 13 inch ungreased cake pan. Make three wells. Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla into third well. Pour cold water over all, and stir well with fork.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

Frost with your favorite icing.

kimbe
07-17-2006, 08:38 AM
I made this for DD's birthday. She didn't eat much of it, but we ate it and it is really good!

1/4c butter
1c sugar
1t baking soda
1t cinnamon
1c applesauce
1 1/2 c flour

Cream first 4 ingredients. Stir in applesauce. Stir in flour.

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Now that is the time that I got from the original recipe.....I don't know if I baked it in a weird dish or something, but it too me more like 60-70 minutes for a knife in the middle to come out clean. But hey, even if it is underdone, no eggs to worry about.

HTH!