PDA

View Full Version : When You Aren't Really Hungry For Dinner...What Do You Do?

randomkid
07-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Some nights it's just DD and me here for dinner and often I'm not all that hungry. Maybe I had a late lunch or had something on the way home from work. I'll get a little hungry, but don't want much. Tonight, it was cut up tomato, cottage cheese and crackers. I'll usually throw in some fruit somewhere as well.

What do you eat when you aren't feeling all that hungry and want something light and quick?

mldflygirl
07-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Depending on how hungry I am & what's in the house:
Cottage cheese, fruit, a bowl of cereal (satisfies that crunchy snacking urge too!), crackers & cheese, half a PB & J sandwich (or a toasted PB&J), a grilled cheese sandwich, small amounts of leftovers, or a bagel (with or without toppings of some kind)

punkrockmama
07-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Hummus with pita bread for dipping with a glass of iced tea.

A few slices off a brick of sharp cheddar cheese and crispy, crunchy apple slices.--This one's my fav.

Peanut butter toast and a glass of milk.

A cut up avocado with a little salt sprinkled on it with a couple of breadsticks.

A bunch of grapes with a buttered chunk of crusty italian bread.

urquie
07-21-2006, 11:54 PM
popcorn! we like the kind made in a cheap aluminum pot on the stove - it is a designated popcorn pot :) haven't had a chance to do this with dd though...

jillc
07-22-2006, 10:59 AM
cheese & crackers & some fruit

or

just feed DD & then make popcorn for myself after she's in bed

or

a can of Amy's organic soup - I always keep a few onhand like butternut squash, or lentil

kimbe
07-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Cereal.

Sometimes DH even asks for cereal for dinner! (Our choices are Cheerios, raisin bran, or corn flakes....Lucky Charms are a special treat!) We eat it for dinner a lot in the summer on those days when it is just too hot to eat!

kelly ann
07-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Recently, crackers and some artichoke/jalapeno dip from Costco. I usually take it out to munch on while cooking dinner, but I am almost full by the time dinner is ready.

Or before we had kids, I used to stop by the grocery store and buy some french bread and neptune salad from the deli...sounds odd, but we would just rip off pieces of bread and smear on the salad.

I also love bacon & eggs as a dinner every so often.

bostonsmama
07-30-2006, 10:57 PM
lowfat tortilla chips and salsa w/ a little sour cream for protein

a small bowl of salad (bagged or hastily made) w/ dressing & almonds

cheese & meat rolls (roll slices of turkey or ham and provolone and dip in ranch dressing or salsa)

an open-faced sandwich: usually 9-grain wheat bread, natural nut butter, banana slices and raw honey drizzled overtop if I'm craving something sweet w/ a glass of cold organic milk

Basic 4 & milk

a small yogurt & some crackers or toast

seafood salad rolled up in a savory crepe or flour tortilla

a pizza flavored veggie burger (Gardenburger) w/ chunky tomato sauce and a little mozarella sprinkled on top (heated in microwave and eaten w/out bread)

used to sometimes do popcorn on the stove and a cold beer, but not recently ;)

Larissa
All systems go! Mr. Follistim & Mrs. Repronex, meet thigh. Next appt 8/2.

Proud Aunt to Jack Dorian, born to my bro & SIL 3/06