PDA

View Full Version : easy healthy veggie dips

Babywhite
07-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I am trying to eat more veggies. I have recently been making a sour cream and ranch dressing mix dip, but I'm getting tired of it.

Anyone have a great easy veggie dip recipe?

TIA
R.W.

urquie
07-29-2006, 11:38 PM
i love hummus with my veggies... store bought or homemade.

shilo
07-30-2006, 02:37 AM
one of the mom's in my childbirth class brought this for 'snack' one night. it is so, so yummy and has become a favorite veggie dip of mine. i use the best foods lowfat mayo and it turns out great. i also usually don't go as fancy with what i'm dipping as the recipe calls for... it's great on just carrots and broccoli too, but it is a show stopper if you take it to a party with an assortment of gourmet veggies and tortellini to dip in. for home use, i also skip the 'whipping' step on the mayo, just dump it in the food processor with the rest of the stuff.

Fresh Lemon-Basil Dip

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise

In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except mayonnaise. Process until smooth. In a medium bowl, whip maoynnaise until creamy. Stir in herb mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve with skewered, cooked tortellini, boiled shirmp, lightly blanched asparagus or cooked artichoke leaves.

another super simple dip you can do with sourcream is to add fresh dill and horseraddish to taste. it's very fresh and crisp in the summer. also, i like onion soup mix stirred into sourcream as well as good seasons itallian dressing mix (for a change from the ranch flavor).

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

LD92599
07-30-2006, 11:50 AM
I love Spinach Dip!

1 envelope Lipton ® Recipe Secrets ® Vegetable Soup Mix
1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
1 cup Hellmann's ® or Best Foods ® Real Mayonnaise
1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)

Laura
Will is three...and doesn't sleep :-(

[img]http://b4.lilypie.com/vEOmm4.png

Use a Mac? Interested in learning more about them? Join us!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-MacUsers/