PDA

View Full Version : What can I cook in my Le Creuset buffet caserole dish?

cdlamis
08-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Yes, I bought this since it looked so versatile but now I don't know of any dishes I can make in it. I am not much of a cook and stick to my simple and tested recipes.

I looked on the Le Creuset website but didn't find too many recipes. Any ideas? I would be ever so grateful! I bought this dish over 4 months ago and haven't made a single dish in it.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

shellybelly
08-29-2006, 12:37 PM
I've never heard of the dish, but I assume it'd be the same dimensions of a 9x13?? If not, then you can fiddle with it accordingly.

My DH doesn't like casseroles, but he LOVES this spicy dish! It's in his top 5 favorite meals. I hope this is something you were looking for, if not, sorry.

King Ranch Chicken

1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 T veg. oil
2 c chopped cooked chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can diced tomatoes and chiles (rotel)
1 t chili powder (I add more b/c we LOVE spice!)
1/4 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t pepper
12 - 6" corn tortillas
2 c (8oz) shredded cheddar cheese, divided

(with all the spices I just eyeball and add as much as I'd like)

Preheat - 350

saute onion and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until tender. stir in chicken (that's already been cooked) and the next 7 ingredients. heat, then remove from heat. tear tortillas into 1" pieces, layer 1/3 of tortilla pieces in bottom of a lightly greased 9x13" baking dish. -- that'd be 4 tortillas torn up -- top with 1/3 of chicken mixture and 2/3 CUP cheese. repeat layers twice. bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes makes 6-8 servings. (it's soo yummy that when i make it my DH and I eat half of it one night, and the other half the other night, but we are a bit on the piggy side!)

freeze casserole up to 1 month if desired, thaw in refrigerator overnight and bake as directed.

ENJOY! I really do hope it's something you were looking for.

-Shelly

http://b1.lilypie.com/SBUFm7.png
We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
-Gandhi

JulieL
08-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Couldn't you make any casserole in it? I doubt very much it has to be a special dish. Also you could do a baked pasta: lasagna, baked ziti, stuffed pasta shells, OR stuffed peppers - yum getting hungry:)