PDA

View Full Version : Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes

alleyoop
09-26-2006, 03:20 PM
One of the kids in my son's Pre-school class is allergic to eggs, so they have asked us to only bring Eggless birthday treats. I found this recipe on the web:

Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake
Ingredients:

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients first. Once the mixture is even, mix in wet ingredients. Continue mixing until you obtain an even batter (no lumps). Pour into a cupcake pan(with liners) and bake for approximately 18 minutes.

-can add ½ cup mini chocolate chips
-can replace 1/2of the water with coffee

Seems great and the cupcakes just came out of the oven and taste pretty darn nummy. My question is, some of the reviews on www.vegweb.com (where I found the recipe) said that the cake tastes different the next day. If anyone has made this cake or one like it before... different in a good way, or bad way? I am trying to decide if I should make a regular batch of cupcakes also as a backup.

Help!

JulieL
09-28-2006, 03:54 PM
no help on the cupcakes but I did an eggless cookie recipe from vegweb that ended up being good. I don't have it on hand but I remember it had oatmeal in it, maybe you can find it online there.

brittone2
10-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Ooooh....I have done the same (I think) vegan choc. cake from vegweb before (when I was dairy free with DS) and it is DELISH. We often got asked for the recipe when we made it. It got me through some rough times when I was dairy free LOL.

It definitely tasted better the next day if I remember right.

Good luck w/ it. Never did it as cupcakes but it really was very yummy :)

elephantmeg
10-19-2006, 07:35 AM
we call that crazy cake and it is my all time favorite cake. It will taste good today and tomorrow and the next day and really good at 3 am!

kimbe
10-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I am glad to hear that this recipe works! I am always looking for eggless baking recipies!

Thanks!