PDA

View Full Version : do you have a once-a-month or freezables cookbook?

skohng
10-15-2006, 10:29 PM
hi everyone,

i know there's a thread to freezable recipes here, but i'd like to get an actual cookbook with a whole set of recipes. I know there are a lot of once-a-month cookbooks out there.

Has anyone tried one and can recommend? Thanks!
Selena

kristenk
10-18-2006, 03:43 PM
I have the Freezer Cooking Manual from 30 Day Gourmet. http://www.amazon.com/Freezer-Cooking-Manual-Day-Gourmet/dp/0966446755/sr=8-1/qid=1161204146/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-7522622-1178434?ie=UTF8

I like it. I haven't tried many things from it, and some are a bit basic, but I think it's a good starter cookbook. It definitely makes once-a-month cooking seem like a possibility to me.

ColorBlue
10-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I just ordered one a few days ago and also a make your own mixes cookbook. I will let you know what I think when I get it!

Tracy

daisymommy
10-19-2006, 04:12 PM
I LOVE the 30 Day Gourmet system. Get the book, and get aquainted with the website. I bought the video, which was cheesy and home video quality, but it gave me a good idea of what the whole freezeer-cooking thing was all about. I think it was $9 so not too bad.

I don't think I've found a recipe yet from them that I don't like. The planning pages are invaluable.

FWIW...I cook for a week (with two kids I can't do a marathon all day long session). I do a few hours each day, in between taking care of the kids and the house. One day is chicken recipes, one day is beef, one is pasta, soup, etc. By the end of the week I have 2-3 months worth of dinners in the freezer YAHOO! (since only DH and I eat that much, Josh is picky; and each recipe makes 4-6 servings so I split everything into smaller containers.

daisymommy
10-23-2006, 09:47 AM
Update:
I gave in and bought both Super Suppers and Dream Dinners cookbooks at Borders last night. I'll read over them (probably return one of them)--and post a review later on.