PDA

View Full Version : What did I do wrong?

niccig
10-20-2006, 12:26 AM
I tried to make ghost cookies on a popsicle stick, but I messed up the dough. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Here's a link to the recipe from Family Fun http://tinyurl.co.uk/wbek

I rolled the dough out to 1/8" as suggested, but it was very difficult to roll, kept sticking even with flour and it was very fragile, kept breaking when I tried to get the shapes on to the cookie sheet. I had to do a patch job to some of the cookies and then reshape with a knife as they cooled.

It's something I may want to make again, so what did I do wrong?:

Was it the dough? I used Pillsbury's dough. Would home-made or another brand be better for rolling and using cookie cutters?

I didn't bring it to room temperature, I just used it straight from the fridge. Was this the problem?

It was sticking even with flour on my board so I rolled it between layers of cling wrap. I've done this many times with pie pastry etc with no problems.

Did I roll it too thin? I think it was 1/8". Maybe I got carried away with my new rolling pin.

Thanks for any help. I'm starting to do more baking with DS, so I would like to know what went wrong.

Nicci

elephantmeg
10-25-2006, 06:59 AM
(nak) I think you often have to add flour to refrigerated cookie dough-try 1/4 c and see if that helps. Chilled dough works better so you were good there.

buddyleebaby
10-25-2006, 07:18 AM
i would also try rolling it a little thicker.