PDA

View Full Version : Easy DELICIOUS frozen meals

Jo..
10-24-2006, 08:29 AM
I usually HATE prepared, frozen, and convenience foods. It all tastes like nasty over-seasoned mush to me. However, I just discovered something AMAZING in the frozen section of the grocery store (thanks to Fat Wallet, of all places)! Bertolli frozen dinners. These things are GOOD. As in, better than I could make myself from scratch. As in, nearly restaurant quality. You throw a package in a skillet, stir it once, and in ten minutes you have a meal with pasta that is al dente and sauces seasoned to perfection. They cost around $5.50 at my local Walmart, but right now you can get a couple $3 coupons.

http://bricks.coupons.com/Bstart.asp?tqnm=tjwianx76287211&bt=wi&o=8947&c=UB&p=Mp9WB12Y&xpsp=xpsp2

They serve 2, throw in some crusty bread and a salad for a heartier dinner or to serve more people. So far I have tried Italian Sausage & Rigatoni and Shrimp, Asparagus & Penne. Other varieties are:

Chicken Alla Vodka & Farfalle
Spicy Shrimp Fra Diavolo & Penne
Meatballs Pomodoro & Penne
Chicken Florentine & Farfalle
Grilled Chicken Alfredo & Portobello
Shrimp Scampi & Linguine
Spinach & Ricotta Cheese Ravioli
Chicken Parmigiana & Penne
Chicken & Garden Vegetable Primavera
Roasted Chicken & Linguine

Try it, you'll like it!

mommyoftwo
10-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks Jo. I love to have some quick dinners on hand and those sound great. We've found some of the asian ones at TJ's to be very good as well but we love Italian. I'll pick some up next time I'm at the store.

daisymommy
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
OOOh yes, they are yummy! I always have a couple in the freezer with some Pepperidge Farm garlic bread for an "Emergency Dinner"

cmo
10-26-2006, 08:01 PM
I like these too! Some of them neede a little 'beefing up' for our family's tastes, so I have usually added a fresh vegetable in to the skillet. A small diced zucchini, or a couple handfuls of broccoli florets have usually done the trick.

kristenk
10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
We tried them last night and they were great! I think it was especially delicious since I just had to pour it in the pan. (We'll be adding side veggies next time, but I just didn't have it in me last night!)

Corie
10-28-2006, 08:23 PM
I've eaten a bag by myself on several occasions!
I can't believe that I have to split it with my husband!

Jo..
10-29-2006, 01:22 AM
I wanted to eat it by myself but DH wrestled me to the ground and ran off with half. The jerk.

linsei
10-29-2006, 01:50 AM
I think they serve 4 at Sam's Club. That's what we get ;)

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

jgriffin
10-30-2006, 09:42 AM
>I've eaten a bag by myself on several occasions!
>I can't believe that I have to split it with my husband!

The ones from TJ technically serve 2, but IMO a not-so-hungry 2. Or at least 2 with something else on the side (which for me defeats the purpose!) They are tasty, though. :)

Jo..
10-30-2006, 10:43 AM
We've tried a few more varieties. IMO (and DH's) the 3 best are

Italian Sausage & Rigatoni
Shrimp, Asparagus & Penne
Chicken Parmigiana & Penne

In that order.

We didn't particularly care for:

Spicy Shrimp Fra Diavolo & Penne (not the best flavor to us)
Chicken Alla Vodka & Farfalle (meh)
Grilled Chicken Alfredo & Portobello (ridiculously heavy)

Yes, we have given up on cooking and are just living on these things right now ;)

Corie
10-30-2006, 09:28 PM
MY favorite is the Chicken & Garden Vegetable Primavera.
(I'm sure my husband would like it too!) :)

Jo, you should try the Stouffer's skillet sensations.
I love their Grilled Chicken and Vegetables. And, the
Homestyle Beef is great too!

Jo..
10-31-2006, 07:54 AM
I may never cook again!

danagee
11-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Giiirrrrrl!!! I KNEW I could trust you on this one. I happened to pass this stuff in the grocery store and was not happy about paying $6 for a bag, but trusted in Jo and decided to try it.
Well...it's more than worth the $6 ( I couldnt use the coupon becuase they dont accept internet coupons at our groc store).
I had the shrimp & asparagus & penne and can't believe how good it is. I'm also very impressed by the short list of ingredients - very hard to find.
Thanks for a great recommendation!

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

danagee
11-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Okay, I'm a fan now! I just bought 4 more bags today, plus they had a sampling with coupons!

Dana
ds 8/04 * dd 1/06

Corie
11-07-2006, 10:58 PM
In my house, this IS called cooking! :)