PDA

View Full Version : recipe for stir fry chicken

megs4413
11-07-2006, 01:56 PM
i have chicken, stir fry vegetables (frozen), and stir fry sauce....can someone help me make this into chicken stir fry????

kedss
11-07-2006, 04:07 PM
i would steam the veggies til crunchy, cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces and sautee in oil or butter, then drain the chicken, to get the fat out of the pan, then throw the chicken, veggies and sauce together in the pan heat through til cooked the way you like it. Before you do all that, make some rice on another burner.

SnuggleBuggles
11-07-2006, 04:32 PM
I usually marinate the meat in hoisin sauce before stir frying. Just gives more flavor, imo.

I don't use a mix for my stiry fry and I have no real recipe so I probably won't help much. Just a bit of this, a bit of that. :) Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Szechuan (really can't spell that one at the moment!)...all mixed together. My process is chicken and onions in canola and sesame oil till almost halfway done, add water chestnuts, add carrots a minute or 2 later, add peppers a few minutes later, baby corn and mushrooms towards the very end. I have it worked out pretty well so the veggies stay crunchy but also pick up flavor.

Let us know how your's turns out. :)

Beth

megs4413
11-19-2006, 02:08 PM
it was really good..i just kinda made it up as i went along here's what i did:

stir fry rice noodles (7oz.)
4cups water
2tbsp oil
1lb chicken breast cut into cubes
1 pkg frozen stir fry veggies mix (carrots, onions, water chestnuts, broccoli)
2/3 cup stir fry sauce

Boil the 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan and then remove from heat. Place rice noodles in hot water for 3-5 minutes until soft. Rinse noodles with cold water and drain. They're ready to stir fry at this point. If they stick together, rinse them with warm water.

Heat the oil in your wok (or large skillet) over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook through (about 3-5 minutes depending on how hot your wok is) then add veggie mix (still frozen). Cook stirring frequently until veggies are tender but crisp (about 4 minutes). add noodles and stir fry sauce and cook additional 1-2 minutes stirring frequently. Ready to serve! I used the kikkoman stir fry sauce. it was pretty good, but a little much for me so next time i might make it without sauce so the sauce can be added by those who like it (AKA DH!)...