PDA

View Full Version : Fruit Salad for Toddlers

BaileyBea
11-14-2006, 10:46 AM
I signed up to take Fruit Salad for my DS MDO class for their Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. But now I am just wondering if there is a good fruit salad recipe that is great for Toddlers.

So far I am just planning on putting grapes, blueberries, sliced apples. What other fruits should I put in there?

Would you add some type of yogurt and coconut?

I didn't know what would be a safe thing to do w/Allergies etc... I have no idea what kids are allergic to what. I'll ask later today when I pick up DS.

Thanks
Nancy

DebbieJ
11-14-2006, 11:12 AM
You can't go wrong with just fruit.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Raidra
11-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Whenever I have to bring fruit salad to a kid's party, I get one of those huge fruit salad bowls from the grocery store, and just chop up the pieces a bit smaller. They usually have cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, kiwis, pineapple, grapes, and occasionally strawberries or blueberries.

I'm really picky, but I always make sure the pineapple is on the bottom, and I drain all the juice out. Pineapple seems to make all the other fruit a bit yucky if it's on top or if the other fruit is soaking in pineapple juice.

kaylinsmommy2
11-15-2006, 03:44 AM
I'd go with just the fruit, but that's how I do fruit salad at home and for daycare. I go with whatever fruit I can get on sale that we like to eat. It usually includes one or two melons and grapes. Sometimes I add kiwi. Just look for whatever is in season. I love blueberries but those are expensive. Apples might turn brown, so you should put some orange juice on them (better then the sour lemon).

Caroline
mommy to Kaylin 6/5/04

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/bunbunadb20040605_-9_Kaylin+is+now.png[/img][/url]

and one on the way, due 2/26/07

punkrockmama
11-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Yep, can't go wrong with just fruit. I wouldn't do any type of yogurt or sauce or anything as there could be kids with dairy allergies or something. Make sure the grapes (if any) are cut up pretty small, and maybe even no pineapple since that can be pretty acidic. My kid loves it but he gets a rash around his mouth if he eats too much.