PDA

View Full Version : What should I bake?

ajmom
11-14-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm putting together a gift of baked goods for my dr. and the staff in his office. I'd like to bake some really yummy things that are a little unique... not just chocolate chip cookies and fudge and plain things... but I also need recipes that are fairly easy. Any recipes for your favorite, most delicious baked goods??

LD92599
11-14-2006, 09:17 PM
2 cups real butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 pkg choco chips (milk choco are best)
graham crackers or saltine crackers (trust me)

Line a pan with foil (a pan with edges ie jelly roll pan, only larger) Spray or butter the foil lightly; line the foil with crackers so they touch.

Mix butter in sugar in a heavy pan and bring to a liquid state.
Boil gently for 4 min, while stirring. It should carmelize but not burn.

Pour this over the crackers and bake for 5 min at 400 degrees. It will be bubbly.

Remove from heat and pour a bag of choco chips over it evenly, then spread with a spatula and put back in the oven for about 30 seconds to melt.

Optional: sprinkle the top with Heath Bits or pecans.

Cool it for 24 hours in fridge and break into pieces.

Laura
Will is three and a half - we're now making progress with sleeping!

firstbaby
11-14-2006, 10:06 PM
what about lemon curd? It is super easy to make and delicious on crackers, scones, bread - anything really :) It would be beautiful in a simple canning jar with a nice ribbon.

chocolate truffles are also very easy to make. and peppermint bark. okay, now I'm hungry :)

ctmom
11-15-2006, 08:18 AM
I originally saw this recipe on this board somewhere, but couldn't find it, so here it is from allrecipe.com
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-pretzels/detail.aspx

you can do so much with this one recipe, dark chocolate kisses, white chocolate kisses, caramel kisses, and different colored m&m's for different occasions!

HTH!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03