PDA

View Full Version : Penzey spices are here!

dules
11-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Just wanted to thank the folks who have raved about Penzey's on this board. I had never heard of them but gave them a try. I bought an assortment based on recs from past threads (and a few picks of my own), and feel like I have a whole new toolkit for under $25 including shipping.

Oh, and they included a free Apple Pie Spice in my order. How cute!

Thanks again to all who recommended! I can't wait to try these, and will probably give some as gifts/put some in my siblings' stockings this year.

Mary

kristenk
11-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Don't forget that you can cook with the packing materials! LOL I'm assuming they still use bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and nutmet for packing. I hope they do!

Jenn98
11-15-2006, 08:23 PM
I love Penzey's too. One of my DD's fav things from there is the salad sprinkle. I make her some pasta, add a teeny bit of butter and sprinkle the sandwich sprinkle over it and she will eat it till the cows come home! So yummy :)

boolady
11-16-2006, 01:51 PM
I should thank everyone who recommended Penzey's, too. We picked some up a few months ago when we were at their stand in Grand Central Station. We love everything we bought. Now when I get their catalogs, I can't wait to check them out, and I think that I will be getting my sisters and best friend, all of whom love to bake, some Penzey's goodies for Christmas.

dules
11-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Hmmm, no, mine came in brown paper. But I didn't order a gift set, I just picked and chose a la carte. That would have been very neat though!

Mary

kristenk
11-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Well then definitely don't cook with the packing materials! :)

I don't remember what we purchased that came with the bay leaves, etc. I'm sure the sets do, but I thought it was a mix and match order that my sister bought for me.

jgriffin
11-17-2006, 05:08 PM
You can buy a DIY gift pack (that is, they'll send you an empty box with cinnamon and bayleaves that you can pack with the spices you buy separately).