PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone save old Penzey's Spices catalogs?

momto2boys
11-18-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm desparately looking for a reader-submitted recipe for Green Goddess Haddock (?) that was in the Penzey's catalog before the "Holiday 2006" catalog. I accidently threw mine out during a cleaning frenzy - doh! It's not on the Penzey's website and googling doesn't find anything similar. So, I'm hoping someone has an old catalog and wouldn't mind posting it. It sounded so delicious!

TIA,
Kathy

DS 1 - 12/01
DS 2 - 11/03
DS 3 - 06/06

Jenn98
11-18-2006, 01:32 PM
I do have a ton of old catalogs - do you know which one it was in? I'll pull someout and see what I can find.

Also, you should try emailing the company - they;re a family biz and super nice to work with. They might be able to give it to you.

I'll let you know if I find it...

etaylor75
11-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Is it either of these?

Green Goddess Fish & Tater Salad
Green Goddess dressing is light and dilly, perfect for topping this flavorful new potato and whitefish main dish salad.

12 oz. (roughly 3 Cups) small red and/or white new potatoes
2 fish fillets, roughly 4 oz. each, cut into 2" pieces
1 tsp. LEMON-PEPPER SEASONING
1 tsp. vegetable oil
Dressing:
2-3 TB. GREEN GODDESS
2-3 TB. water
3-4 TB. balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 Cup light mayonnaise
¼ Cup olive oil
1 TB. honey
Bring a pot with a quart of water to a boil. Wash potatoes, slice into 1/8 inch thick rounds. Add to water when boiling, cook roughly 5 minutes, drain, return to pot briefly to steam dry. While potatoes are cooking, prepare dressing. Cover GREEN GODDESS DRESSING BASE with water, let stand a minute, whisk with light mayo, milk and lemon juice or vinegar. After potatoes have steamed briefly in the dry pan, place in a bowl and toss with about half the dressing, cover and set aside. Wash fish, pat dry. Cut into 2" or so pieces, as desired. Season with LEMON-PEPPER. Preheat a pan over medium high heat. Add oil; when hot, add fish, cook 2 minutes per side, depending on thickness, to get a nice, tender golden brown. Divide between two plates. Uncover potatoes, toss with a bit more dressing if desired (leave a little for the fish), and divide between the two plates. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the fish or serve on the side. Garnish with lemon and serve.
Serves: 2.
Prep. time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time. 15 minutes.

Lemon-Pepper Cod With Vegetable Medley
This is from Penzey's spices. A little more effort, but worth it.

4 servings 25 min 10 min prep
Change to: servings US Metric
1-1 1/2 lb cod, cut in 4 pieces
1-2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 tablespoon shallots
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon green goddess salad dressing, base
2 teaspoons water
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
3 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced into 2-inch strips
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil

Preheat oven to 350°.
Rinse the fish and place on a nonstick baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides with lemon-pepper and sprinkle shallots over the top.
Divide the butter into 4 pats and place one on top of each piece of fish. The fish will cook in 15-20 min, depending on how thick it is, so it should be popped into the oven the same time you start the water for the veggies.
While the fish is cooking, cut the vegetables into bite size pieces. Set aside until the final 5 minutes of fish cooking time, but make sure you have 1 quart of water boiling by that point.
Prepare the sauce by mixing the Green Goddess dressing base with water, let stand a minute, then whisk with light mayonnaise. Place the bowl on the table.
Once the fish is close, add the vegetables to the boiling water, cook 3-4 min, till carrots are tender. Drain without rinsing, place in a small bowl. Crumble basil over the top, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
Divide between 4 plates, add the fish.
and enjoy.

momto2boys
11-18-2006, 08:36 PM
I've only received three catalogs from them so I know it was one of the two catalogs prior to the current catalog. A customer submitted the recipe and she used the Green Goddess Dressing to season the fish. She may have used panko bread crumbs but I could be confusing that with another fish recipe in the same catalog (I would also love that one if you come across it).

Thanks for your help,
Kathy

momto2boys
11-18-2006, 08:51 PM
I saw these on their website but neither of them are it unfortunately. I had DH pick a few things up while he's in the twin cities and the Green Goddess mix was one of them. I thought I'd check here before calling Penzey's for the recipe.

Thank you for your help in my search!

Corie
11-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi Kathy,

I save ALL my Penzey's spice catalogs!! But, unfortunately,
the catalogs are still in Texas and I am here in Rhode Island.

I won't have them for awhile. How soon do you need the
recipe??

Jenn98
11-19-2006, 07:42 AM
I think this is it?

"If you like Green Goddess Seasoning, you'll love this recipe sent to us by Karen Foster, RI. Simply combine 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs with 1/2 tsp. Green Goddess Seasoning. Moisten 1lb of fish (we used cod) and coat with the bread crumbs. Saute for 5 minutes per side and enjoy!"

Let me know if it's not and I'll dig a little deeper. This is from the Fall 2006 catalog. HTH!

momto2boys
11-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Thank you so, SO much!

momto2boys
11-19-2006, 11:27 PM
You're my hero for remembering to save all your catalogs even though you were moving. I had EVERY intention of saving my catalogs but tossed them during a cleaning frenzy for a showing (we're moving to Minneapolis/St. Paul when we sell the house).

I hope you're liking RI - it was my favorite place in New England when I lived in Boston. I used to do the 14-mile (?) bike trail from Providence to Bristol. You must check out Pastiche (sp?) in Providence if it's still around. Their pastries are/were divine!

Take care,
Kathy