PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for glass/ss containers/canisters for dry ingredients.

kimbe
12-18-2006, 04:39 PM
I figured that I would ask the pros before I even started my research! I need new containers for my flour, sugar, etc. Preferably glass or stainless steel. They will be stored in the cabinets so they don't need to be pretty or anything. Right now I store stuff in any old glass container that I have, but I would like to something that is more appropriate for the job. Any recommendations? Any that you hate that I shouldn't even consider.

TIA!!

kransden
12-29-2006, 02:15 AM
If you are just going to put them in your cabinets, get tupperware. They have cannister sets or get the modular mates - they rock! I have a nice old chome set of containers on my counters and the rest of my stuff like corn starch, powdered sugar, dried milk etc. I keep in the tupperware modular mates. You can customize how they stack. You can also write on the outside what they are or makes labels. I also typically cut the directions for the food and put it on the inside side of the tupperware. You know, like for dried milk.

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

kimbe
01-10-2007, 09:15 PM
You've made my day! I do keep all my dry goods in the modular mates right now! Good to know that that is the way that I should keep going! I like the ones that can fit a 5lb bag of flour! Thanks!