PDA

View Full Version : How do you decorate cookies???

annasmom
12-19-2006, 07:42 AM
I am curious, if you put sprinkles on your cookies how do you do it?? When I was growing up we would put sprinkles on AFTER the cookies were baked, using egg whites so the sprinkles would stick. I was thinking about this the other day, and it dawned on me that it might not be the greatest thing in the world to be putting raw egg on cookies. My sil puts the egg and sprinkles on BEFORE baking. So . . . what do you do? And, am I lucky that my brothers, sisters and I are still living after eating all that raw egg???

juliasmom05
12-19-2006, 08:51 AM
I usually put the sprinkles on before baking, but if you want to put them on after, you can brush some light corn syrup or something like that on them to make the sprinkles stick.

I should know better, but I still eat raw cookie dough ;-).

Marci

kimbe
12-19-2006, 12:46 PM
We frost our sugar cookies and then decorate. I copied something I saw on Martha Stewart and bought these
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E310280-475A-BAC0-5E93DEB3041892C7&fid=3E32C58C-475A-BAC0-5685648CD9456128

to apply the icing (much easier and much cleaner than a knife)then we decorate with sprinkles etc.

SnuggleBuggles
12-19-2006, 01:19 PM
If we are only using sprinkles then we put them on before we bake the cookies and we don't need an egg wash at all- they stick fine.

If we will be using icing we use the icing to get the sprinkles to stick.

If we already have baked the cookies and decide we just want sprinkles then we will do an egg wash, put the sprinkles on and bake the cookies about 2 minutes at 350, just enough to get everything to set.

I don't stress too too much about raw eggs- I still like to eat dough and batter. :)

Beth