PDA

View Full Version : feeling uninspired...easy, company recipe? UPDATE

megs4413
12-21-2006, 12:20 PM
we're having my mom and bro over to do our gift exchange and i still don't know what i'm serving....i have pork tenderloin, but i just don't want to make it...what else? i'm considering lasagna, but would prefer to do a veggie lasagna and i don't have a recipe for that...and i'm not all that jazzed about lasagna...GRRR...what do i want to make? does anyone have an easy, "people are coming over" recipe? it's just my mom and bro so it's nothing big but at least something tasty....KWIM? TIA!

found a recipe on theotherwhitemeat.com and it came out really good....here it is:

Parmesan Pork tenderloin

1 pound pork tenderloin
3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced

Cooking Directions
Cut tenderloin crosswise into 8 slices, approximately 1-inch thick. Place each slice on its cut surface and flatten with heel of hand to 1/2-inch thickness. Combine crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; dredge pork slices to coat. Saute slowly, with onion and garlic, in oil in large skillet for 10 minutes.

i served it with pork stuffing and a green salad....but it would be good with tortellini....i tried to make stuffed artichokes but they were a disaster!!!

trentsmom
12-22-2006, 09:13 PM
That sounds good! DH really likes pork, but I rarely fix it. Hopefully I'll remember to do this recipe after the holidays!