PDA

View Full Version : Easy Chicken crockpot recipe

Lovingliv
12-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey Mamas...

looking for a non- tomato based chicken recipe (in the crockpot)...
to serve with grilled asparagus and roasted red bliss potatoes.
Any ideas?

daisymommy
12-31-2006, 10:25 AM
How about just a simple roast chicken? I use a 3-4 lb. whole chicken, rinse, and put into Crockput. Sprinkle with some seasoning such as:
-Rotiseree chicken seasoning
-Poultry seasoning
-Rosemary, garlic, and lemon juice
whatever you want really. Then cook on low all day. So easy, and so good! It makes a moist, juicey, flavorful chicken that is falling off the bone.

Lovingliv
12-31-2006, 06:42 PM
thanks so much Amy!!!!

That sounds perfect!

Is "all day" 8 hours?

should I add a chicken broth for it to cook in?

daisymommy
01-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Yes, all day is about 8 hours :) And no, I don't add any liquid at all for it to cook in. No-one believes me when I tell them that, until after they try it. There will be so much juice in teh botton of the pot after cooking, you will be surprised!

I read that moisture in Crockpots doesn't evaporate like it does in the oven, so that's why most Crockpot recipes use less liquid (if any at all) in the recipes.

Lynnie
01-09-2007, 09:04 AM
yum..... that crock pot chicken sounds so good.

now, stupid question:

how do you do the potatoes and asparagus ??

I usually steam my asparagus, but grilled sounds yummy. And last time I cooked potatoes was 1990-something.

ctmom
01-09-2007, 01:44 PM
any suggestions for boneless chicken in the crockpot?

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

JFC
01-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Not Rachel, but we love, love, love grilled asparagus - what we do is really easy, wash and trim the ends then coat with olive oil and a little kosher salt - I like to let it sit for awhile, but you don't have to - then grill on low heat for 5-10 minutes depending on size (thin, thick) asparagus. HTH!

urquie
01-15-2007, 12:21 AM
i learned my favorite asparagus recipe from my gourmet cooking aunt...

preheat oven and a pan to the highest temp your oven goes (450-500f).
i use a low rimmed pan lined with tin foil. you can also grill this, but it's too cold outside right now!

break ends off of asparagus and put them in a gallon ziploc bag. drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with granulated garlic, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. smoosh it all around to coat asparagus then roast for 7-10 minutes.

this makes a great side dish or appetizer!

elephantmeg
01-15-2007, 01:01 PM
I'll bite! These are both from best loved slow cooker recipes and are really the only 2 recipes I use out of that cookbook.

Baked Chicken Breasts (calls for boned chicken but I use boneless/skinless chx breasts or thighs

2-3 whole chx breasts cut into halves (I use 4-6 boneless breasts)
1 can cream chx soup
1/2 c dry sherry
1 can sliced mushrooms drained
2 T butter margerine melted (I use olive oil)
1 t worcestershire sauce
1 t dried taragon or rosemary
1/4 t garlic powder (I use more)

Rinse chx breast, pat dry, place in crock pt. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over. Cook low 8-10 hours

and my favorite

swiss chx casserole
6 boneless skinless chx breast
6 slice swiss cheese
1 can cream mush soup
1/4 c milk
2 c herb stuffing mix
1/2 c margerine/butter melted (I use oil)

Spray crock pot with cooking spray (I don't). Arrange chx breasts, top with cheese. Combine soup and milk and spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with stuffing. Drizzle oil/marg over stuffing mix
low 8-10 hours, high 4-6 hours

HTH

JFC
01-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Okay, I made the swiss chx casserole one tonight - BIG HIT! DH and I both loved it! Thanks for sharing!