PDA

View Full Version : The easiest cinnamon rolls you'll ever make

TracyBee
01-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm not kidding as to how easy these are they take less than 5 minutes to prepare. Each time I make these, there are never any left.

20 Frozen Dough Rolls (I use Rhodes brand - in the freezer section)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Vanilla Instant Pudding MIX (don't make it into pudding)
1-2 TBSP Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Melted Butter

Grease a 10" Bundt Pan

Add FROZEN Rolls around in the pan (no particular order)

Sprinkle the Brown Sugar, Pudding Powder and Cinnamon over the rolls.

Pour Melted butter over all of it.

Cover with a clean, Damp Cloth.

*** Leave at Room Temp OVERNIGHT***

In the morning, preheat oven to 350 and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then turn over onto a serving plate.

HINT: I would do this at night RIGHT before bed and then bake RIGHT when you wake up in the morning - that way they don't rise too much.

daisymommy
01-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Ooooh, thank-you! I am a cinnamon roll addict! Can't wait to try these :9

caleymama
01-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I've had a very similar (maybe even the same) recipe using butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla. VERY yummy!

Pennylane
01-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks for this recipe. I am so tired of the Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls! Can't wait to try these.

Ann

fauve01
01-27-2007, 10:52 PM
I always add a couple handfuls of chocolate chips when i make this recipe. they are soooooooooooooo yummy!

Anne

tylersmama
02-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I made these last weekend when my ILs were in town, and they were really good. I do have a (probably dumb) question though: are you supposed to mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and pudding mix before sprinkling them over the top? I did not (because the recipe didn't say to and I'm a very literal person) and there were pockets of dry powder on the top (bottom after it was turned out). It was still yummy, but I'm wondering if mixing them together before putting them on would eliminate the powder clumps.

daniele_ut
02-10-2007, 06:33 PM
LOL! I did it the same way and wondered the same thing! They were delicious anyway and we'll be making these again!

FWIW, I cut the recipe in half and used a loaf pan instead. There was no way the 3 of us were going to eat 20 rolls!

AmyZ
02-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Yup, I had the same problem - pockets of dry ingredients. I tried them again and I mixed all the ingredients together first before dumping it on. It worked really well -- the mixture was a bit gooey, but still as delicious.

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Abigail 1/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Karenn
02-11-2007, 05:57 PM
We ate these for breakfast this morning. So yummy! I read about the pockets of dry powder after I'd already dumped everything but the butter on. I used a spoon to mix the dry ingredients into the pan around the dough just a bit (to say I stirred it would even be too strong)and it turned out fantastic!

alexsmommy
02-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I make this for Christmas morning - part of my make ahead breakfast. This has definately been posted before, under one of the holiday threads b/c thats were I got the recipe. I mix the dry ingreadients together and actualy mix it into the butter and wisk until smooth, then pour that mixture over the rolls.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03
and #2 in early summer '07