PDA

View Full Version : How do I unharden brown sugar?

Fairy
01-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Drat. In the middle of chocolate chip cookies, and I didn't realize I was out of the brown sugar in my cannister. The stuff in my pantry is now hard. Should I supplement the remaining quarter cup of brown sugar I still need with regular sugar, unharden the brown sugar I do have, or forget the whole thing? Don't know how to unharden the brown sugar.

blueeyedb
01-27-2007, 09:07 PM
If you just need a little bit, like for cookies or something, you can put it in the microwave for 15-20 sec. That has always worked for me, but I think it gets hard again after it cools down. I don't know anyway to unharden for good, sorry.

trentsmom
01-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Like the PP said, soften some in the microwave to use now. And then stick a piece of bread or a piece of apple in the container with the brown sugar to soften the rest up.

Enjoy your cookies!

Fairy
01-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks, Guys!

linsei
01-29-2007, 03:59 PM
You could also put a slice of fresh bread in the container. It might take a day or so to soften, but the sugar will go back to normal and the bread ends up stale.

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

urquie
02-02-2007, 02:16 AM
you can also put the brown sugar in the microwave and heat it with a a (seperate) cup of water.