PDA

View Full Version : OK so I madethat meatball recipe with the grape jelly

luvmypeanut
01-30-2007, 02:05 AM
and is it supposed to taste like BBQ sauce? I'm testing some recipes for a big get-together and I think people will like this one. But I just wanted to make sure I got the right result.

Corie
01-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Let me email my sister and ask her! I've never tasted it so I'm not sure. Supposedly,
she made it at some family shindig and everyone loved it. (not sure where I was!) Maybe
the meatballs were all gone by the time I got done feeding my 2 kids! :)

Corie
01-30-2007, 04:24 PM
My sister hasn't made the recipe in awhile but she doesn't remember them tasting
like barbecue sauce.
Not much help! Sorry!

etaylor75
01-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I've made them a bunch of times and they taste more like a sweet chili sauce, not bbq.

I use a medium jar of grape jelly and a jar of Heinz Chili Sauce. They're also really good if you use Little Smokies instead of meatballs...

Erin

luvmypeanut
01-30-2007, 11:40 PM
I used the Del Monte Chili Sauce since I couldn't find the Heinz and figured it was all the same anyway. Plus half a medium jar of grape jelly. I asked DH if they tasted like BBQ and he said "little bit" which translated I think means yes. Gave them to him to take to his office and he said they all loved it. But I'd really like to know if I did this correctly!

urquie
02-02-2007, 02:07 AM
no, they don't taste like bbq sauce. they are generally called "sweet and sour meatballs" when served with the chili and grape jelly sauce.

Jenn98
02-04-2007, 05:49 AM
I ended up making this for our party last weekend. Huge hit! I made a double batch and there was nothing left over. No, it doesn't taste like BBQ, but it is yummy. I used a huge jar of jelly and two of the chili sauce and two packages of frozen meatballs. I thought I'd have this huge crockpot of leftovers, but there was nothing but sauce leftover in the bottom of tho pot.