PDA

View Full Version : Need recipe for cold asian peanut-y noodles

SummerBaby
02-13-2007, 11:37 AM
DH has asked me to make what he's calling Thai peanut noodles. I know I've seen people make these using peanut butter, and I'm pretty sure that's what he wants. Anyone have a recipe? I haven't been able to find anything good online. Thanks!

Val
Mom to Madeline
7/28/04

luvmypeanut
02-13-2007, 01:42 PM
My DH loves this as well. This is not the recipe I used but it has the same ingredients. I don't like the sauces with peanut butter but prefer the tahini. I also julienne cucumbers and add them for a bit of freshness. If you google for "cold sesame noodles" you can find tons of recipes but they're essentially all the same.

1/2 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. tahini
2 tbsp. asian sesame oil
1 tbsp. white vinegar
2 tsp. minced ginger root
2 tsp. pepper
2 cloves crushed garlic
2 tbsp. sliced scallions
2 tbsp. chopped, roasted peanuts

Cook noodles and drain. Toss with 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Chill. Just before serving, stir together ingredients for sauce and pour over noodles. Toss.

etaylor75
02-13-2007, 04:00 PM
We love this recipe from Barefoot Contessa...once you gather all the ingredients, it's really easy to make. I also like it with angel hair or linguine.

Szechuan Noodles

6 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup good soy sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 pound spaghetti
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
4 scallions, sliced diagonally (white and green parts)

Place the garlic and ginger in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the vegetable oil, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, sherry vinegar, honey, chili oil, sesame oil, and ground peppers. Puree the sauce.
Add a splash of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook the spaghetti al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander, place it in a large bowl, and while still warm, toss with 3/4 of the sauce. Add the red and yellow bell peppers and scallions; toss well. Serve warm or at room temperature. The remaining sauce may be added, as needed, to moisten the pasta.

Erin

etaylor75
02-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Sorry...double post.

urquie
02-14-2007, 08:57 PM
i'll second the barefoot contessa recipe - it's great!

kelly ann
02-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Okay, I will third this recipe. I served this to some guests about 5 years ago and they still rave about it to me! Very easy to make and delicious.