PDA

View Full Version : crazy pregnancy craving....pigs in a blanket things?

megs4413
02-21-2007, 01:36 PM
you remember the ones you had when you were a kid where you take dough and wrap it around a hot dog with a slice of cheese? is that all i have to do? does anyone know what i'm talking about? i really need one!!!! but i have no idea how to make them seeing as how the last time i had one was probably when i was 8.....

juliasmom05
02-21-2007, 02:33 PM
We use to make them with the Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls. To add cheese, I would make a slit in the hot dog and stick the cheese in as far as you can to prevent leakage and then just roll the hot dog in the crescent roll. Haven't done these in a long time, but I would just bake at 375 until golden brown (or what ever the directions on the rolls say). Yum :9.

Marci

trentsmom
02-22-2007, 11:48 AM
I do mine like Marci does, except I spread a little mustard on the dough before rolling it up. DH's mother also added a slice of pickle, so I do that now, too.

julieakc
02-28-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm not pregnant, but now you've got me craving those! I loved those as a kid. Too bad I just did my grocery shopping today - maybe I can add it to next week's menu.

lhk777
03-01-2007, 02:10 PM
I make them the same way as the PP - with the Pillsbury crescent rolls.

We also heat up some grape jelly (about 1 cup) mixed with a spoonful or 2 (depending on how you want it to taste) of dijon mustard and dip them in there.

Great for appetizers.