PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Dream B-Day Dinner?

The Review Mommy
03-16-2007, 03:46 PM
We will be celebrating my B-Day on Sunday with DH's family. They want to know what I want for dinner and what kind of cake. So, thought I'd ask you guys what you would want to get some ideas.

Thanks!
Rebekah

urquie
03-16-2007, 06:23 PM
growing i always had steak fondue for my b-day dinner. it would be a nice cut of meat (new york) with a few dipping sauces (pepper steak, bbq, osaka sauce (an asian mustard ginger sauce), broiled french bread and green salad. the few times we've done this as adults, we've used chicken and steak... and the chicken is so tender. the seafood lovers always enjoy shrimp.

a favorite and super easy dessert is chocolate angel nut pie. dd just had her first taste of it and wants it for her b-day.

Chocolate Angel Nut Pie

Crust:
½ Cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 egg whites (they work best at room temp)
½ Cup chopped pecans

beat whites until stiff but not dry, sift in sugar and cream of tartar mixture, beat until smooth and glossy.

Line a well buttered 9� pie pan with meringue and sprinkle with nuts.

Bake at 300 for 30 minutes, turn off the oven and let crust stay in oven for another ½ hour or more (even over night). Cool thoroughly.

Filling:
Melt 1 cup choc chips and 3 Tablespoons water in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir thoroughly and add 1 teaspoon vanilla and dash of salt, cool slightly, fold in 1 cup whipped cream

sometimes we make 1 1/2 times the filling to really fill that pie up.

SnuggleBuggles
03-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanksgiving dinner. :) All my favorites together in one place. :) But, only if it is well made. Nothing prepackaged or anything like that- all homemade.

Asking for that would probably be too much though. :)

I asked my dh this question the other day, actually. He said: tuna, raw, seared with sesame seeds; asparagus; sourdough rolls. bread; french onion soup; marinated salmon; cheese platter for dessert. Maybe not everything but those were his standouts.

My tastes are much simpler. Give me Thanksgiving, a good casserole or other well done comfort foods and I am happy. For dessert, a big chocolate chip cookie cake.

Have a great b-day!

Beth

boolady
03-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Ooh. Great idea. My mom does AWESOME Thanksgiving dinner, and the thought of it makes my mouth water. I would have to agree with Beth. The only other things I could think of would be prime rib at this 1 restaurant near our house where they sear the slice before serving, since I only have prime rib once or twice a year; and a lobster roll from this little shack (The Lobster Shack?) in Kennebunkport, Maine, that we had on vacation a few years ago. Mmmmm!

Oh, and a piece of Pumpkin Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory or my mom's homemade carrot cake.

And a really good whiskey sour.

Lynnie
03-19-2007, 09:01 AM
I love king crab legs. mmmmmm

and steamed spiced shrimp.

plus some random sides

and chocolate cake for dessert. chocolate blackout cake, maybe. mmmmm