PDA

View Full Version : meat loaf

Lynnie
03-21-2007, 06:13 AM
Made my mom's meatloaf last night for the first time in years, and it was great. thought I'd share, since its easy, too. (i think it is right off the campbells can...but she'd never tell)

2 pounds ground meat (mix of beef & pork, or beef, pork, veal)
1 can campbells tomato soup
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 T worceshire sauce
1 t salt
sprinkle of pepper

a little catsup
3-4 slices bacon

combine first 8 ingredients, mix really well (I also added a little fo the bloody mary mix and a few squirts of catsup we had in the fridge to add flavor).

pat into a loaf shape and put in shallow baking dish. make a slight indentation along the center top, and pour a little extra tomato soup in there. place bacon slices on top. squirt some catsup if you desire (that actually made the outside a little too salty imo, so you may want to omit)

cook at 350 for an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes, depending on how thick you shape it.

SnuggleBuggles
03-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the recipe. I toyed with the bacon idea when I made meatloaf on Sunday.

Another meatloaf thought...Ds used to love meatloaf till he abruptly decided to stop liking it (grr...). So when I made this batch I tried one of those kid friendly tricks and baked them in muffin pans and I "frosted" his with mashed potatoes. And I didn't tell him what it was. He ate it up and told me how good it was. Those cutesy ideas never work for us but I'm glad it worked this time. Easy as can be and they tasted just as good. :)

Beth

gina
03-22-2007, 09:01 AM
I recently had a meat-za loaf. It had pepperonis and mozzarela cheese in it. I put tomato paste on top. It was something different to try.

Gina

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/ginaelms/Dec06020.jpg

DD 15 yr Jade
DD 12 mo - Happy First Birthday Olivia!