PDA

View Full Version : In desperate need of an amazing lamb recipe

marit
03-27-2007, 05:43 PM
I bought this 6 lbs boneless leg of lamb that I intend to make for Passover, but I can't find a recipe I like.

So I am looking for a recipe for roasting (I am thinking either herbs or mustard or both). But it can't have oil as a major ingredient (1 Tbsp OK 1/4 cup not OK) and it can't have any flour or sugar (and that includes Honey).

Please help!!!

Thanks,

jayali
03-27-2007, 05:50 PM
I make leg of lamb every Easter. I marinate it in soy sauce, shallots, rosemary and a little big of oil and a lot of garlic. I marinate it overnight and then we grill it, like flank steak. It comes delicious. It is always the first to go at our Easter meal. You can even add some red wine, which I do from time to time. The real key is the garlic and rosemary. No matter what you decide to do with it I highly recommend grilling it.

ctmom
03-28-2007, 07:15 AM
The pp had a great idea about grilling it. You can prepare it this way and either grill or roast it.
Season with salt, fresh ground pepper, and fresh chopped rosemary on both sides. Give it a rub down with some olive oil. Peel garlic cloves and slice into long slivers. Make small incisions with a paring knife and insert garlic sliver into each one...every 1" or so.
Marinate overnight in a large freezer baggie, turning every once in a while.
Roast for 12-15 minutes a pound at 325 for medium...

Enjoy!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

marit
03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Thank you!
I am getting a grill with the rotisserie attachment. Do you think that's a good idea to use that on the lamb?