PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a sangria recipe? Cinco De Mayo ideas?

clc053103
04-30-2007, 02:03 PM
hello, I am hosting a few ladies for drinks and apps on friday and thought a Cinco De Mayo theme would be nice. Since the blender would wake the baby, I thought sangria in place of margaritas would be nice. Any sangria recipes- or mexican themed app recipes- are greatly appreciated!

SASM
05-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I was going to recommend margaritas on the rocks. :) Oh...how I miss those things! They were a HUGE craving of mine while I was pg with Ian. :) I came up with some very scary non-alcoholic variations! :) Anyway...I have a couple yummy recipes for margaritas, if you'd like them. I also have a few sangria recipes as well that I have to dig up. As far as recipes, a quesadilla is always easy and you can be quite creative with the fillings. 7-layer dips are always popular. :) If you can find it, Garden Fresh Salsa in the refrigerated section of the grocery market is the closest thing to homemade that we can find ~ our FAVORITE is "Jack's Special"! If you want something a little more substantial but still informal, how about fish tacos? I (normally) LOVE these things! They are much lighter than the beef or chicken varieties and are a little unusual and unexpected. There are a couple of recipes on www.foodtv.com. I think that I have tried one by Rachel Ray and I saw a yummy looking one from "Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger" a couple weeks ago.

Have fun!

Edited for spelling. :)

Lynnie
05-02-2007, 10:20 AM
I'd love the margarita recipes, and if you could find the sangria, that as well !

Thanks !!

clc053103
05-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Someone posted this over in the BB Lounge and there's some great margarita and sangria recipes posted over there- take a peek!