PDA

View Full Version : KitchenAid Stand Mixer?

daisymommy
05-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Anyone here have and enjoy their KitchenAid stand mixer? Or is it something that just sits and collects dust? If you have one that you enjoy, which model is it?

I'm lusting after a red one :) I don't really "need" it I'm sure. I would like one that can do double or triple batches of cookie dough batter, bread dough, cakes, etc. Nothing too heavy duty. Suggestions?

mls115
05-11-2007, 09:17 PM
LOVE IT!! I have the Artisan 325 Watt tilt head model. I think it's the middle priced one. I had the basic model when I lived at home and when I got married, my Mom REALLY wanted to keep it. I LOVE IT. You DO need it. It's so nice to have your hands free while it's working away. It's easy to clean and I love to bake so it's had plenty of work. It does it all - cookies, bread, dough, meatloaf/meatballs, eggs, potatoes, the list goes on and on.
Enjoy!

ged
05-24-2007, 12:31 AM
I have one as well and I love it, even though I really only use it for baking. I have the Professional 6 model.

alleyoop
05-24-2007, 04:41 PM
I have an Ultra Power KitchenAid with Tilt Head. I think it is one of the smaller ones. I LOVE it and use it nearly every day, but I do A LOT of baking/cooking. I actually wish that I had a bigger one, plus an alternate bowl. It is my workhorse, for sure. When I redesign my kitchen, I want one of those special cabinets that hold the mixer and raise it up to counter height. My queen deserves a castle!